ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR
- You will work independently, make decisions, prioritize tasks, show job responsibility, and exercise initiative with little to no supervision.
- You will follow oral and written directions which vary from task to task.
- You will work with others where the work depends on mutual cooperation, such as performing joint inspections with other commands (i.e. MFSC, FSD, Blount Island Command).
- You will troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul various electronic systems.
- You will use hand and power tools necessary to perform inspections.
- You will use various electronic test, measurement and diagnostic equipment for the purpose of performing inspections. These include, but are not limited to, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, distortion analyzers, power meters, etc.
- You will be knowledgeable of principles/basic functions/applications including electromagnetism, alternating current, direct current, circuit analysis, modulation, transmission, wave propagation, oscillation, amplification, feedback and resonance.
- You will read and understand schematics, blueprints, technical manuals/orders, Statements of Work, Work Orders, and other documentation in order to inspect according to specified requirements.
- You will work safely in accordance with OSHA, DOD and Marine Corps guidelines. This includes hazard identification and abatement, completion of required safety and health training, and mishap reporting.
- You will perform final acceptance inspections on end items and component parts of electrical, radio, radar, microwave and circuit cards that have been rebuilt, repaired or modified by others.
- You will perform final mechanical inspections, tests, and witnesses tests performed on fabricated, rebuilt, repaired or modified equipment and their complex and complete systems support equipment.
Job family (Series)
2604 Electronics Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You must be able to lift 40-50 pounds as necessary and occasionally, with assistance, lifts up to 100 pounds.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), e.g. hearing protection, safety shoes, safety glasses and/or goggles, etc.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card with travel and purchase authority.
- This position requires a State Criminal History Repository (SCHR) check to be completed on any person selected for this position. I am willing and able to submit to a SCHR check.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
QualificationsAlthough a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: THE ABILITY TO INSPECT.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Initial consideration for this announcement is limited to the number of applications listed at the top of this announcement. All applications received on the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and processed.
Recruitment incentives may or may not be authorized to eligible new hires.A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee.
A relocation incentive may or may not be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following job elements:
- ABILITY TO INSPECT
- ABILITY TO USE HAND AND POWER TOOLS (ELECTRONICS)
- INGENUITY (ABILITY TO SUGGEST AND APPLY NEW METHODS)
- KNOWLEDGE OF EQUIPMENT ASSEMBLY, INSTALLATION, REPAIR, ETC.
- THEORY OF ELECTRONICS
- TROUBLESHOOTING (ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT)
- USE OF TEST EQUIPMENT (ELECTRONICS)
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
You are required to provide documentation that supports the eligibility and qualification claims made in your resume and assessment questionnaire. You must submit the applicable documents listed here and those listed with the eligibilities you select in the announcement questionnaire with your application package. Applicants who do not provide supporting documentation that fully support their claims will not be referred to the hiring manager. Cover letter is optional.
A complete resume is required. Your resume must show relevant experience, job title, duties and accomplishments. Your resume must show complete information for each job entry to support minimum qualifications. The following information should be provided in your resume, but it is acceptable to provide elsewhere in your application package: employer's name, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week, and pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09) for relevant federal experience.TIP: A good way to ensure you include all essential information is to use the Resume Builder in USAJOBS to create your resume.
Are you claiming membership in any professional organizations, or possession of a license, certificate or credentials? Check the Conditions of Employment section above to see if any are required. If you claim membership, license, certification, or credentials, you must submit a copy of said document in your application package.
Are you using education as a substitute for some or all of the experience requirement? Is there a basic education requirement for this position? Check the Education section above to see what is allowed and what is required. Any claims you make in your resume or assessment questionnaire regarding education or degrees MUST be supported by official or unofficial transcripts or a list of courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned issued from your school. While unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial application, an official transcript will ultimately be required if you are selected for the position. You may submit a copy your degree(s) if specific coursework does not have to be verified.
Are you a veteran claiming 5-point veterans' preference or claiming sole survivorship preference? You must submit a copy of your latest DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (any copy that shows all dates of service, as well as character of service [Honorable, General, etc.] is acceptable) OR a VA letter that shows dates of service or service connected disability AND character of service. If you have more than one DD-214 for multiple periods of active duty service, submit a copy for each period of service. If you were issued a DD-215 to amend aforementioned information on the DD-214 you must submit that too. If you are not sure of your preference eligibility, visit the Department of Labor's website: Veterans' Preference Advisor
Are you a disabled veteran or claiming 10-point veterans' preference?
If you are eligible to claim 10 point veterans preference you must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty as described above for 5-point preference.
You must also provide the applicable supporting documentation of your disability (e.g. disability letter from the VA) as described on Standard Form-15 (SF-15). http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
Are you an active duty service member? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You must provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will serve as an ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR in the MARINE DEPOT MAINTENANCE COMMAND, QUALITY DIVISION of MAINTENANCE CENTER ALBANY.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
Current Permanent employees of UIC 67100 and DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles.
- Crew Member
- Data Analyst/Senior Data Analyst - PCR - Patient Preference
- Private Investigator
- Professional Counselor
- Software Engineering - Python
- Security Officer
- COD Coordinator
- Weekend Support Workers - Bank Staff
- Office based (Carlton, Nottm) - Contact Centre role
- Repository Technician I
- Marketing Communications Manager
- HGV Driver
- Production Operative
- Care Assistant
- HGV Mechanic
- Cover Cleaner
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE
- Temporary Catering Assistant (648)
- Spray Painter / Buffer
- Pulling Unit Floorhand/Derrick man
- CSCS Labourer
- Lettings Assistant
- Supply Analyst- Chantilly, VA req51543
- Adecco - Client Delivery Manager
- Care Coordinator
- Global Sales Director
- Delivery Driver (Sanibel)/Wedding Set UP, Floral Shop Assistant
- Evening Cleaner (Mon to Fri 6pm-8pm)
- Support Worker
- Senior Lawyer (Childcare Team)
- Eyebrows stylist, lash tech , Beautytherapist
- Transport Coordinator
- FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative
- Retail Salesperson
- Satellite Cable Tech | Summerville, SC Region | $2000 Bonus
- Autism Support Worker
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Warehouse Operative
- Part Time Warehouse Operative
- PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
- Crew Member
- Stocker / Warehouse / Retail Merchandiser (FT)
- Boxing Instructor
- Skilled Nursing Facility Business Office Assistant
- Audit Associate
- Program Facilitator
- Automotive Technicians Needed
- Installer - Hourly
- Human Resources Manager
- Treasury Analyst - 6 month FTC
- Senior Support Worker, Bridgend Bond Board
- Customer Service
- Trading Assistant
- Risk Management Associate - Liens/Listing Agreement Review - St. Edward, NE
- Customer Service / Sales Advisor
- Composite Trimmer
- Mental Health Recovery Support Worker - Bradford
- Commercial Service Rep
- Data Scientist
- Pensions Administrator
- Facilities Support Worker - Housekeeping
- Onboarding Coordinator-Jacksonville, Fl
- Scaffolding Labourer
- Retail Stocking Associate
- Management Accountant
- Passionate Care Assistants - feel valued
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Seasonal Part Time Sales Consultant
- Autism Support Worker
- Media Officer
- User Researcher – Contract roles (SC Cleared) – 3 months
- Security Officer - Downtown
- Site Supervisor
- Night Stock Clerk
- Early Stage Collections
- HGV Class 1 Shunter
- Entry Level Sales Representative-
- Program Analyst
- Site Assistant, Basildon & Stephenson Rd Campuses
- Scissor Lift Operator
- Pharmacy Technician
- Commis de Rang/ Waiter, The Terrace
- Cashier Server
- Patient Access Coordinator II - Orthopaedics - Jeannette - Part Time
- In Home Sales Expert
- Mobile Device Repair Technician
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- General Manager
- Delivery Driver - Using Own Car Southampton - Hedge End
- Project Team Leader
- Support Workers, Ty Croeso
- ASSISTANT RURAL CARRIER (ARC)
- Media Consultant
- Expressive Teacher
- Delivery Driver
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst - BCBA
- Contact Center Specialist
- Associate Account Executive, Management Liability
- Water / Sewer Distribution Superintendent
- Receptionist - State Farm Agent Team Member
- Restaurant Team Member - 14301 S.P.I.D. - Flour Bluff - THE ISLAND (Corpus Christi, TX) - Unit # 376
- 1st Shift Production Supervisor
- Financial Advisor (Looking for Career Changers)
- Holiday Store Clerk ( 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM availability)
- Senior Underwriter/Underwriter - Property
- Building Custodian
- Restaurant Team Member- IH 10 W and Ralph Fair Rd (San Antonio, TX) - Unit # 1101
- Warehouse/Shopper Team Member
- Shop Assistant/Autobody Parts Helper/Parts Assistant/Parts Runner - Cuyahoga Falls
- Lead Decision Support Analyst
- Enquiries, Complaints and Compliments Coordinator (25 hrs per week)
- Warehouse Associate
- Assistant Manager
- Academic Dean
- FOH Team Member
- Support Worker
- Management Information Specialist
- Delivery Driver Medical Equipment
- Delivery Driver
- Assistant General Manager Salary
- Teacher of English - Secondary
- Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate)
- Supervisory Criminal Investigator
- Janitor - Branford, FL
- Registered Nurse
- HME Supply Tech AL, (drives,delivers/setup medical equipment), FT 9a-6p, hol&wkd rotation- HME Mphs
- SUPERVISORY PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
- Colaborador/a de Almacén Full Time (Temporal), IKEA Carolina.
- COMMUNITY MANAGER INTERN
- Software Engineer Mid-Level
- Graduate Building Surveyor
- Guest Service and Sales
- Staff Scientist - Bone and Mineral Diseases
- Digital /Technical Product Manager -Senior Level
- Assistant Professor - Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Strategic Account Manager - Western Territory (Remote)
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
- Part-Time Store Associate
- Recycling Operative
- In-Store Marketing Associate
- Care Home General Manager
- Utility Cleaner
- Group Product Manager - Go-To-Market Operations & Technology
- Restaurant Team Member - 4612 College Ave (Snyder, TX) - Unit # 331