JOB DESCRIPTION: Nursery CHEF/COOK
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Tatsfield is an Ofsted Outstanding Nursery registered for 56 children. It is situated approximately 1.2 miles from Biggin Hill on the Kent / Surrey border within the M25. We are looking for a nursery chef/cook to join our fantastic team. The position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday). Salary is between £10-£14p/h neg. based on years of experience, type of experience and qualification. Own transport required, parking available.
- To organise, cook and prepare a healthy, balanced diet for children aged 0 to 5 years in accordance with the nursery menus.
- Take into consideration daily those children who have special dietary requirements and prepare a suitable alternative.
- Prepare a suitably balanced rotating menu taking into account dietary and cultural requirements of the children.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, health and safety is maintained in the kitchen at all times.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Operational Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements at all times.
- Responsible for the planning and preparation of food to provide meals in accordance with Monkey Puzzle Tatsfield menus and food policies.
- Ensure that all individual dietary requirements are catered for in line with parental guidance.
- Maintain necessary kitchen procedures and records in accordance with Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery and Environmental Health policies and processes.
- Liaise with nursery Manager on the ordering of necessary kitchen equipment.
- To undertake any other reasonable catering duties as requested by the Nursery Manager and Owner.
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment is kept suitably clean at all times including walls, floors and trolleys to transport food following a cleaning schedule. On a daily basis that all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are washed in accordance with food safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly served.
- To implement and maintain the company’s equal opportunities policy ensuring that children, parents and the staff team are valued and practice is positive and non-discriminatory.
- To monitor any safeguarding issues following local authority procedures.
2. Individual Accountability
- To ensure you have a clean uniform, including head wear, daily and wear suitable footwear for working in a busy kitchen space.
- To give daily feedback to the Nursery Manager about the kitchen including any situation that may be detrimental to the company.
- Ensure the effective and regular removal of waste materials to the designated waste area.
- The ability to use food preparation equipment and ensure the economic use of materials, equipment and energy.
- The ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative.
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
- Have a friendly, flexible approach.
- To have total responsibility of the kitchen, cleaning all of the equipment and appliances, take temperatures of the food, fridge and freezer and record these in the kitchen file.
- To establish good professional relationships with colleagues working in other nurseries.
- To work as a team and help out in the nursery when needed.
4. Finance and Administration
- Work with the Nursery Manager to implement and ensure that set budgets are not exceeded.
- Responsible for control, storage and rotation of kitchen stock.
- Order food in line with Monkey Puzzle Tatsfield’s policies.
- The ability to order correct amounts of food and control kitchen stock.
- To prepare a weekly shopping list and put the shopping away.
5. Training and Development
- To contribute to the team effort of the nursery and to attend staff meetings and social events as and when required.
- Commitment to undertaking appropriate training and continued professional development.
- To undertake future and refresher training as appropriate.
- Be professional, polite and positive in all verbal and non-verbal interactions with staff, parents and children at all times.
6. Health & Safety
- To ensure that the highest standards of health and safety apply to both children, staff, parents and visitor, maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Ensure that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
- Pay due attention to the dress code for a cook.
- Maintain an awareness of food allergies keeping an up to date log of all children in the nursery, working with the staff team during new admissions.
- Update your knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues including COSHH regularly.
- To be responsible for the hygiene and complete all Risk Assessments within the kitchen area.
- Prevent cross contamination of food within the kitchen area.
- Temperatures of high-risk food must be recorded at time of delivery and cooking. All food must be stored and served at the temperatures required by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Food Safety.
Conditions of Employment This Job Description is not intended to be a complete inventory of all the activities the jobholder would be expected to undertake. The post holder is required to comply with all the nursery’s policies and procedures and to meet his/her responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act. This Job Description will be subject to review and change in light of future developments.
Staff are expected to provide support for each other, to cover for each other’s areas of work during absences, to share information and to contribute generally to the smooth running of the nursery. Staff may also be required to undertake other duties within their capabilities.
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery is committed to safer recruitment. If you are successful in securing the post you will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and to undergo our pre-employment checks.
Reference ID: Nursery Cook
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- On-site Parking
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff as safe as possible; if you use public transport, PPE will be provided to you. You will not require full PPE while in the nursery but apron etc. will be provided.
- cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- Menu planning
- Food shopping
- Recording food temperatures
- Preparing reports
- Showroom Advisor - Chester
- Library Assistant
- Total Life Safety Account Representative
- Contact Centre Claims Agent
- SATURDAY PROFESSIONAL VIEWER - DIDSBURY
- Retail Administrative Support Team, Full Time: Bay Plaza
- Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Part-Time)
- Help Desk Specialist
- Sales Associate - Retail
- Retail Trainee Manager - Marlborough
- Part Time Administration Officer
- Costs Draftsman
- Roaming Sous Chef
- Dir Facilities
- Community Physiotherapist
- Sales Administrator
- Maths Teacher
- Retail Sales Associate (Part-Time)
- Administration Assistant
- General Operative/Drivers Mate
- Team Leader - Legal
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Manager of Business Operations
- IT Business Analyst
- Court Usher
- Registered Children Home Manager
- Kitchen Design Specialist
- Packaging Associate
- Picture Editor
- Claims Handler - Evenings and weekends
- Employment Solicitor
- District Liaison
- Protection Advisors - Commission Based
- Trainee Payroll Executive
- Interior Technician
- Extrusion Press Operator
- TEFL Teacher
- Back Office Cashiering - Administrative Assistant II, Customer Service Representative (DC)
- SAS Part Time Travel Reset Merchandiser
- Apprentice Learning Support Assistant
- Childcare Solicitor
- Sports Duty Manager
- General Laborer
- Senior Legal Negotiator
- HGV Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Waitress, Cashier, and Hostess
- Commercial Property Solicitor
- Procurement Officer
- International Trade Coordinator
- Tennis Instructor
- Laborer - Overtime, Commission and Bonuses
- Participant Support (Part-Time)
- Warehouse Operative - Nights (10pm-7am) - Northampton
- Unit Sec/Northeast Campus Freestanding ER
- State Inspector/Automotive Technician - Chili
- Brand Associate
- Shop Supervisor - Union St, Stroud
- Animal Keeper
- Sales Representative
- Respiratory Occupational Therapist
- Proactive Intelligence Officer - South West and Wales
- Inside Sales Representative (7222)
- Senior Support Worker, Drop In Service, Torfaen
- Horizontal Directional Drill Locator
- Warehouse Wortker
- Physiotherapist (Rotational)
- Experienced and Flexible Van Drivers - Must have own transport
- Grocery/ Supermarket General Store Manager
- Medical Records/Central Supply
- Housekeeping Associate (Weekends)
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
- MultiModality Technician FT Rotating at Total Care West The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus El Paso TX
- Kitchen Crew
- 238375 - Medical Physicist - Radiation/Oncology
- Territory Sales Manager (Commercial Roofing)
- Community Support Supervisor-Far Rockaway
- OFFICE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR for HOME CARE AGENCY
- HGV Driver
- Customer Care Agent
- Clinical Engineer Tech
- Veterinary Scribe- Now Hiring! Kick Start Your Veterinarian Career!
- Lab Research Associate I - Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Kitchen Porter (Hollow Bottom, Guiting Power)
- Administration Assistant
- Correctional Security Officer III (Mack Alford Correctional Center, Stringtown)
- Maintenance Mechanic - Graveyard Shift
- Administration/Personal Assistant
- Lawn care worker
- Business Development Representative
- Bus Driver
- Stock Associate, J.Crew Retail, Valley Fair
- Candy Factory Worker
- Nursing Assistant-Post Surgical
- Health Care Assistant
- Amazon Warehouse Assistant (Early Morning Shifts Available) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Early Years Practitioner
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Staff Midwife
- Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
- RN Supervisor
- Commercial Property Paralegal
- Trust Doctor (F2/StR1 level) in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Community Care Assistant - DRIVER
- Product Manager
- Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR
- Deputy Manager - Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport, PR8
- 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Teaching)
- Game Engineer - C#/Unity
- HGV Driver / Valeter- Edinburgh
- Data Entry Clerk (Night Shift 7 on 7 off)
- Business Development Manager
- RCP II
- Structural Steel Inspector
- Immediate Start Builders Cleaner
- Residential Home Cleaner
- Pest Control Technician
- Restaurant Server
- General Labourer
- Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
- Steel CAD Designer (FT)
- Domestic Cleaner/Housekeeper Part-Time
- Nursery Deputy Manager
- Night Shift Maintenance Fitter
- Lush Bromley Manager
- MSW Intern
- Communication Designer - Instagram
- Sales Assistant
- Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
- Deli Associate
- Health Care Assistant (care home)
- Building Service Engineer
- Distribution Center Loss Prevention Specialist-Ontario, CA
- Community Specialist Dietitian
- Community Care Worker STAFFORD
- Registered General Nurse
- Medical Translator ONSITE!
- Customer Service Associate
- MMG Clinic LPN
- Passionate Pet Expert Needed
- Direct Service Professional, Direct Care, Home Health