Nursery Educator Unqualified - Afternoon Cover
Busy Bees in Wandsworth are looking for an Unqualified Nursery Practitioner to join our Team to cover the hours of:
1pm-6pm Afternoon Cover
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain an Early Years qualifications, Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
- Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
- Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
- Visit our website to find out more
Our Busy Bees nursery in Wandsworth is a stunning purpose built setting, that features bright and spacious rooms for children ages 0-5 years to develop and flourish. We are conveniently located opposite the Holiday inn express Wandsworth, within walking distance of Wandsworth Town train station linking straight into London. We are very lucky to be situated right on the ‘Thames path’, a new riverside complex and we are within walking distance to Wandsworth town centre and all its amenities.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK’s largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As an unqualified practitioner you will be expected to develop your skills through working alongside qualified practitioners who will be able to share best practice.
Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:
Care: We take care very seriously
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child’s needs are met.
- Safeguarding children is your priority.
- Speak Up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or Our Core Values.
Service: We are an integral part of a parent’s support network
- Get to know the families at the setting and attend parents’ evenings.
- Update parents on their child’s day and development.
- Support parents with any SEN/ASL needs.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it’s what children and parents deserve
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role.
- Take pride in your planning observation and assessment procedure.
- Adhere to our childcare policies.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI and CIW.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Create a setting that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources.
- Ensure that children’s observations are detailed, reflective and provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience working and caring for children under 5 (Desirable)
- A willingness to undertake relevant childcare qualifications in the future (Desirable)
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check
At Busy Bees, we take the safeguarding and welfare of our children seriously and this extends to the safe recruitment and induction of our employees and volunteers. As part of our recruitment process, we will undertake the necessary pre-employment safeguarding checks.