The Pacific Clinics Internship Program provides experiential training from a broad, generalist perspective with the goal of developing Interns’ basic competency to provide mental health services in community-based settings.
The Internship over the past several years has moved toward a model of evidence-based psychotherapy practice, that includes a focus on social work core competencies. Over the year the Interns solidify their theoretical formulations and learn to examine the applicability of empirically supported treatments to the local multicultural target populations served by the agency. Interns are challenged and trained in critical thinking and observation skills. They learn to focus their interventions, while examining the assumptions and limitations of those interventions with our diverse consumers so they can articulate a range of practices, including empirically supported therapy relationships that might address the problems they encounter.
Accordingly, Interns need to develop a range of skills, attitudes, ethics, values, sensitivities, and compassion that will make them useful and protective of the people they serve in our community. The intern experience is designed to teach, model, provide experience, and verify professional social work competencies.
INTERN WILL LEARN AND BE EXPOSED TO:
- A wide variety of diagnoses and case assignments from our socio-economically diverse and multi-cultural populations with whom agency interacts.
- Interns will assess and intervene with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities, utilizing various treatment modalities that could include individual, family, and group treatment, and/or social skills training or other rehabilitative interventions.
- A broad training experience which, combined with a rich mixture of supervision, case conferences, and multidisciplinary team treatment, provides an excellent atmosphere for skill development and professional growth.
- Interns will provide intakes, diagnostic assessments, brief counseling, and crisis intervention services
- Interns will use a variety of self-reflective and interpersonal skills to effectively engage diverse clients and constituencies.
- Interns will utilize inter-professional collaboration as appropriate to achieve beneficial outcomes.
Pacific Clinics recruits students who come with a foundation of clinical skills, with the capacity to engage in theoretical and research-based inquiry, and with a readiness for intensive training in practice. Pacific Clinics continues a student’s training through:
- Developing critical thinking to guide the use of research to inform clinical practice
- Generating clinical hypotheses to explore in supervision
- Learning the empirical bases that guide the use of comprehensive assessment
- Participating in seminar training programs on best current practices in clinical practice.
- Applying knowledge of human behavior and the social environment, person-in-environment, and other multi-disciplinary theoretical frameworks to engage with clients and constituencies
- Guiding ethical decisions by applying the standards of the NASW Code of Ethics, relevant laws and regulations, models for ethical decision-making, ethical conduct of research and additional codes of ethics as appropriate to context.
- Using supervision and consultation to guide professional judgment and behavior.
- Applying and communicating the understanding of the importance of diversity and difference in shaping life experiences in practice at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels.
- Aiding them in their understanding of social, economic, and environmental justice to advocate for human rights at the individual and system levels.
- Engaging in practice-informed research and research-informed practice.
SERVICE DELIVERY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent individualized intakes / assessments gathering information from family, consumer, significant other and involved agencies in the office or in the field as appropriate; Includes healthcare, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, employment or housing, as appropriate, in treatment plans.
- Completes Service and Coordination Plans, progress notes and other DMH required documentation and billing within two to three business days of service delivery and meets the standards of the Department of Mental Health Short/Doyle Medi-Cal, Pacific Clinics and its funding sources.
- Provides rehabilitative services to clients and/or their families which might include assistance in restoring or maintaining a client’s functional skills, daily living skills, social skills, and linking up to needed community services and support resources.
- Provides outreach, advocacy, and rehabilitative services needed for ongoing cases and in crisis intervention.
- Provides case management, which might include obtaining client information, identifying needs and problems, linking clients and their families to appropriate resources.
- Provides services in the community or in the field consistent with program and funding source contractual requirements.
- Works with the treatment team to provide appropriate coordinated care services to clients and their families.
- Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
- Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Initiate and maintain professional interactions and communication with Clinic’s employees and/or others.
- Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
- Interacts well with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and with external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training, as appropriate/available.
- Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
- Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Level 1: Must have minimally a bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in an MSW program from an accredited graduate institution.
- Level 2 & 3: Must have completed one year of their master’s degree program; individual candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis to account for pre-degree experience, and advanced standing students.
- Pacific Clinics employees desiring to do their social work placements at Pacific Clinics must also meet the criteria set forth by the Pacific Clinics Human Resources Department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff.
- Bilingual skills in the appropriate language for the Clinics’ clients are highly preferred.
- Familiar with Windows operating system, MS WORDS, EXCEL, email, etc. able to compose correspondence/notes and type up correspondence/notes using correct format and grammar.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must possess ability to ensure significant communication with the Clinics’ community members. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Community outreach is also required.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to job performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Crew Member
- Data Analyst/Senior Data Analyst - PCR - Patient Preference
- Private Investigator
- Professional Counselor
- Software Engineering - Python
- Security Officer
- COD Coordinator
- Weekend Support Workers - Bank Staff
- Office based (Carlton, Nottm) - Contact Centre role
- Repository Technician I
- Marketing Communications Manager
- HGV Driver
- Production Operative
- Care Assistant
- HGV Mechanic
- Cover Cleaner
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE
- Temporary Catering Assistant (648)
- Spray Painter / Buffer
- Pulling Unit Floorhand/Derrick man
- CSCS Labourer
- Lettings Assistant
- Supply Analyst- Chantilly, VA req51543
- Adecco - Client Delivery Manager
- Care Coordinator
- Global Sales Director
- Delivery Driver (Sanibel)/Wedding Set UP, Floral Shop Assistant
- Evening Cleaner (Mon to Fri 6pm-8pm)
- Support Worker
- Senior Lawyer (Childcare Team)
- Eyebrows stylist, lash tech , Beautytherapist
- Transport Coordinator
- FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative
- Retail Salesperson
- Satellite Cable Tech | Summerville, SC Region | $2000 Bonus
- Autism Support Worker
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Warehouse Operative
- Part Time Warehouse Operative
- PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
- Crew Member
- Stocker / Warehouse / Retail Merchandiser (FT)
- Boxing Instructor
- Skilled Nursing Facility Business Office Assistant
- Audit Associate
- Program Facilitator
- Automotive Technicians Needed
- Installer - Hourly
- Human Resources Manager
- Treasury Analyst - 6 month FTC
- Senior Support Worker, Bridgend Bond Board
- Customer Service
- Trading Assistant
- Risk Management Associate - Liens/Listing Agreement Review - St. Edward, NE
- Customer Service / Sales Advisor
- Composite Trimmer
- Mental Health Recovery Support Worker - Bradford
- Commercial Service Rep
- Data Scientist
- Pensions Administrator
- Facilities Support Worker - Housekeeping
- Onboarding Coordinator-Jacksonville, Fl
- Scaffolding Labourer
- Retail Stocking Associate
- Management Accountant
- Passionate Care Assistants - feel valued
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Seasonal Part Time Sales Consultant
- Autism Support Worker
- Media Officer
- User Researcher – Contract roles (SC Cleared) – 3 months
- Security Officer - Downtown
- Site Supervisor
- Night Stock Clerk
- Early Stage Collections
- HGV Class 1 Shunter
- Entry Level Sales Representative-
- Program Analyst
- Site Assistant, Basildon & Stephenson Rd Campuses
- Scissor Lift Operator
- Pharmacy Technician
- Commis de Rang/ Waiter, The Terrace
- Cashier Server
- Patient Access Coordinator II - Orthopaedics - Jeannette - Part Time
- In Home Sales Expert
- Mobile Device Repair Technician
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- General Manager
- Delivery Driver - Using Own Car Southampton - Hedge End
- Project Team Leader
- Support Workers, Ty Croeso
- ASSISTANT RURAL CARRIER (ARC)
- Media Consultant
- Expressive Teacher
- Delivery Driver
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst - BCBA
- Contact Center Specialist
- Associate Account Executive, Management Liability
- Water / Sewer Distribution Superintendent
- Receptionist - State Farm Agent Team Member
- Restaurant Team Member - 14301 S.P.I.D. - Flour Bluff - THE ISLAND (Corpus Christi, TX) - Unit # 376
- 1st Shift Production Supervisor
- Financial Advisor (Looking for Career Changers)
- Holiday Store Clerk ( 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM availability)
- Senior Underwriter/Underwriter - Property
- Building Custodian
- Restaurant Team Member- IH 10 W and Ralph Fair Rd (San Antonio, TX) - Unit # 1101
- Warehouse/Shopper Team Member
- Shop Assistant/Autobody Parts Helper/Parts Assistant/Parts Runner - Cuyahoga Falls
- Lead Decision Support Analyst
- Enquiries, Complaints and Compliments Coordinator (25 hrs per week)
- Warehouse Associate
- Assistant Manager
- Academic Dean
- FOH Team Member
- Support Worker
- Management Information Specialist
- Delivery Driver Medical Equipment
- Delivery Driver
- Assistant General Manager Salary
- Teacher of English - Secondary
- Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate)
- Supervisory Criminal Investigator
- Janitor - Branford, FL
- Registered Nurse
- HME Supply Tech AL, (drives,delivers/setup medical equipment), FT 9a-6p, hol&wkd rotation- HME Mphs
- SUPERVISORY PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
- Colaborador/a de Almacén Full Time (Temporal), IKEA Carolina.
- COMMUNITY MANAGER INTERN
- Software Engineer Mid-Level
- Graduate Building Surveyor
- Guest Service and Sales
- Staff Scientist - Bone and Mineral Diseases
- Digital /Technical Product Manager -Senior Level
- Assistant Professor - Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Strategic Account Manager - Western Territory (Remote)
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
- Part-Time Store Associate
- Recycling Operative
- In-Store Marketing Associate
- Care Home General Manager
- Utility Cleaner
- Group Product Manager - Go-To-Market Operations & Technology
- Restaurant Team Member - 4612 College Ave (Snyder, TX) - Unit # 331