Locality Project Worker
Project worker required for Barnardo's Children's Services in Milton Keynes, Bedford and Luton
Barnardo's Young People is based in Milton Keynes City Centre and provides services for over 250 children and young people from both Milton Keynes and Bedford Borough Council. Our established team is looking for a flexible person willing to help develop existing services in both localities.
Our services have been running for over eight years and the desire to continue for a further eight years is shared amongst all who work here. Do you have a desire to support young people and begin to make a difference?
The current services we deliver are:
- Supervised Contact: (Family Time) The main project and area which this candidate will provide services too.
- Supervising visits between young people and family members
- Writing and recording family time in a factual manner
The following services exist within the locality and may need some support during busy times.
- Independent return interviews:
- Supporting children who are looked after to feel confident enough after missing episodes to speak about their experiences.
- Providing a service within 72 hours of safe return.
- Providing written reports to the local authority
- Independent visiting:
- Providing children who are looked after with a volunteer who visits them regularly for fun days out.
- Working alongside our Volunteer Coordinator, assisting with recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Meeting young people to record their wishes and felling's and provide support throughout their care journey.
- Attending meetings and reviews where necessary to feedback the wishes and views to professionals.
- Providing respite to young people and their families with additional needs.
- Joining our dedicated team in school holidays to ensure all young people attending are safe while having fun.
A good grasp of safeguarding procedures will underpin the successful application, as providing a safe and stable future to all young people is an integral part of the role.
Being able to travel across all regions is essential, all our services require the successful applicant/worker to meet with young people in their surroundings whether that be at home or school or any other recognised place.
This role will require flexible working patterns, working from home and remotely will be required, so the applicant must be self-aware and able to work on their own initiative, with an ability to work digitally when required.
The worker must have experience of working with young people, including those who are difficult to engage. A minimum of Health and Social Care level 2 or similar is desired and will underpin the workers knowledge.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide a range of skills to all services with a focus being given to the Supervised contact service; however support to all services when required will be an expectation of the role.
Do you have what it takes to join our team and begin making a difference to young people in the community?
Please read the job listing and attached forms, use these to answer the questions, providing as much detail as you can for each answer, these answers will form part of the shortlisting process and not providing enough detail will result in applications being withdrawn.
The shortlisted applicants will be expected to complete a face to face interview, need further assistance? if you require any adjustments please let the recruitment team know as soon as possible so we may ease individual needs.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
Need further details?
Please contact Tony Sleight on 01908 232006 to discuss this role in detail.
- Delivery Driver - Using Own Car Southampton - Hedge End
- Kitchen Porter
- Campus Recruiting - Investment Banking Summer Associate - Charlotte
- Senior Statistical Officer across the GSS - London
- Technical Support Specialist
- Tire Service Technician
- Property & Casualty Insurance Service Rep II - Vero Beach, FL
- Assistant Branch Manager
- Care Assistant
- General Operative
- warehouse operative / office admin
- KS4 mentor role -Pupil Referral Unit Feltham
- 1st Line Service Desk Analyst
- Sow Farm Animal Caretaker
- Kitchen Assistant
- Senior Facilities Management Consultant
- Brain Injury Support Specialist
- Payroll Service Delivery Manager
- Electrical Assembler
- Sow farm technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Childrens Wellbeing Practitioner
- Client Implementation Analyst - Derivatives and Risk
- Team Member - The Cafe
- Mover / Laborer
- Donation Attendant
- Dining Server
- Production Admin-Decatur, IL BioProducts
- Healthcare Assistant - Waveney Ward
- Resturant Servers
- Clinical Support Staff
- Quantitative Research Analyst
- Customer Support Representative - Decatur, IL
- Software Architect
- Verizon Wireless Sales Consultant
- SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Title 32)
- Football Coach
- Screener, Door
- Utility Operator - Mat Room 2nd Shift ($15.77-$19.48) - Murray KY
- Demand Generation Manager (FTC)
- Brand Ambassador - Ft. Sill P/T (max up to 19 hrs. per wk)
- Laborer - Decatur Complex - Decatur, IL
- Assistant Manager
- Chef Manager
- Traveling Maintenance Millwright - Mt. Auburn, IL
- Field Service Rep
- Customer Success Specialist (CSS) - Campus Wireless
- Practice Manager
- Website Performance & Optimisation Executive
- Installer - Hourly
- Human Resources Manager
- Customer Service
- Trading Assistant
- Treasury Analyst - 6 month FTC
- Customer Service / Sales Advisor
- Risk Management Associate - Liens/Listing Agreement Review - St. Edward, NE
- Senior Support Worker, Bridgend Bond Board
- Composite Trimmer
- Mental Health Recovery Support Worker - Bradford
- Commercial Service Rep
- Data Scientist
- Pensions Administrator
- Retail Stocking Associate
- Scaffolding Labourer
- Facilities Support Worker - Housekeeping
- Management Accountant
- Teaching Assistant
- Passionate Care Assistants - feel valued
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Onboarding Coordinator-Jacksonville, Fl
- Seasonal Part Time Sales Consultant
- Media Officer
- Autism Support Worker
- User Researcher – Contract roles (SC Cleared) – 3 months
- Experienced Healthcare Assistant
- Site Supervisor
- Security Officer - Downtown
- Night Stock Clerk
- Intake Coordinator
- Early Stage Collections
- Entry Level Sales Representative-
- HGV Class 1 Shunter
- Site Assistant, Basildon & Stephenson Rd Campuses
- Scissor Lift Operator
- Program Analyst
- Pharmacy Technician
- GME Administrative Coordinator - Medical Education - Days
- Cashier Server
- In Home Sales Expert
- Commis de Rang/ Waiter, The Terrace
- Patient Access Coordinator II - Orthopaedics - Jeannette - Part Time
- General Manager
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Project Team Leader
- Mobile Device Repair Technician
- ASSISTANT RURAL CARRIER (ARC)
- Support Workers, Ty Croeso
- Media Consultant
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst - BCBA
- Contact Center Specialist
- Water / Sewer Distribution Superintendent
- Restaurant Team Member - 14301 S.P.I.D. - Flour Bluff - THE ISLAND (Corpus Christi, TX) - Unit # 376
- Receptionist - State Farm Agent Team Member
- Associate Account Executive, Management Liability
- 1st Shift Production Supervisor
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Advisor (Looking for Career Changers)
- Holiday Store Clerk ( 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM availability)
- Senior Underwriter/Underwriter - Property
- Rest Area Caretaker (I75 Piqua)
- Building Custodian
- Warehouse/Shopper Team Member
- Restaurant Team Member- IH 10 W and Ralph Fair Rd (San Antonio, TX) - Unit # 1101
- Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU PCU
- Shop Assistant/Autobody Parts Helper/Parts Assistant/Parts Runner - Cuyahoga Falls
- Unit Supply Specialist, Army
- Lead Decision Support Analyst
- Enquiries, Complaints and Compliments Coordinator (25 hrs per week)
- Assistant Manager
- Warehouse Associate
- Sales Advisor
- Academic Dean
- FOH Team Member
- Management Information Specialist
- Support Worker
- Delivery Driver Medical Equipment
- Assistant General Manager Salary
- Teacher of English - Secondary
- Supervisory Criminal Investigator
- Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate)
- Janitor - Branford, FL
- Delivery Driver
- SUPERVISORY PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
- Colaborador/a de Almacén Full Time (Temporal), IKEA Carolina.
- Registered Nurse
- HME Supply Tech AL, (drives,delivers/setup medical equipment), FT 9a-6p, hol&wkd rotation- HME Mphs
- COMMUNITY MANAGER INTERN
- Software Engineer Mid-Level
- Graduate Building Surveyor
- Guest Service and Sales
- Staff Scientist - Bone and Mineral Diseases
- Digital /Technical Product Manager -Senior Level
- Assistant Professor - Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Strategic Account Manager - Western Territory (Remote)
- Part-Time Store Associate
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)