Youth Counselor - FT Day Shift
Do you have a passion for helping children/youth improve their lives and plan for a brighter future?
At Jefferson Hills, that is what our dedicated hard-working team does every day. Currently we have youth counselors (milieu counselors) positions open. We pride ourselves on our innovative and adaptable approach when taking on the individual challenges each child/youth and family is facing.
Our interdisciplinary team coordinates care and treatment, giving the children/youth and families the tools they need to move forward. Together we are committed to social justice and inclusion while maintaining a non-judgmental approach. If this sounds like the kind of life-changing career path you want to be a part of, see below for how to join our goal of a brighter future for Colorado’s families.
Milieu Counselor Description:
Youth Counselors (Milieu Counselors) work directly with our children/youth providing a safe and predictable environment. Utilizing the tools we provide, you will help role model, educate, and motivate our children/youth to identify the trauma they’ve experienced, improve their coping skills, and safety plan for returning to school and home.
Shifts are typically 3 days a week from 7:00am-7:00pm
Pay is $19.00 - $22.71 per hour depending on experience.
Shift differential for 4-12 hours worked between the window of 7:00pm-7:00am.
Jefferson Hills is a trail blazer in providing intensive residential programs since 1993. In 2011, we started our hospital alternative and child/youth crisis stabilization units. Through evidence-based practices and a therapeutic approach, we have served over 12,000 Colorado youth, ages 5-18 ½ in our CSU programs. Our multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurses, licensed clinicians, certified teachers, milieu counselors, teacher’s aides, and administrative personnel work together to meet the needs of our youth through New Vistas CSU and our day treatment program (Jefferson Hills Academy).
- Generous health, dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Retirement investment option (403B) that we match up to 4% after one year
- PTO plans start after your first month and increase the longer you stay
- Free meals prepared by our wonderful dietary staff
- Life insurance
- Long term and short-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development and learning
- Work as a team to provide a structured and safe environment for each child/youth placed at our program.
- Promote growth through therapeutic groups and individual work with each child/youth.
- Provide safety through room checks, room searches, continual supervision and documentation.
- Deescalate during crisis, which can sometimes involve safety interventions and/or physical restraints.
- Follow program processes and rules with each youth in order to keep consistency and work as a team.
- Complete initial and on-going training.
To be Considered:
- Positive, patient, and empathetic
- Strong documentation skills
- Healthy boundaries
- Team player and adaptable
- Able to pass a drug test, including marijuana
- Able to pass a background and driving records checks
- At least 21 years of age
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: In accordance with Jefferson Hills’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and in accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health’s Emergency Rules as a licensed facility with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), all new hires must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson Hills prior to being hired to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and their families.