We are currently hiring a CNC Programmer to join our Engineering Programmer Support Team in our Athens, Alabama location.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Writes and maintains programs in a variety of programming languages for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically mills, punches, drills, broaches, or reams metal and/or mills , bores, routes, profiles, or trims wooden parts.
- Plans numerical control programs to control contour-path machining of parts on automatic machine tools that are controlled by a computer-control module.
- Applies knowledge of the working properties of the materials with CNC programming knowledge to design and carry out the operations needed to make machined products to meet precise specifications.
- With Sr programmer help, diagnoses some machine, operator and fit up issues.
- Provides insight to engineering and operations.
- May recommend changes to equipment and processes for continuous improvement.
- Provides training for operators or new programmers as needed.
Your Future Team:
Your team will consist of 6-7 other CNC programmers working with the Engineering and Skill trades group.
Who you are:
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of MS Office software, computer numerical control, basics of programming, and computer-aided manufacturing, working knowledge of Corporate ERP software (i.e. SAP)
- Must be fluent in a several NC programming languages and software currently in use at the facility they support. One of the NC programming languages must be ProE /Proman or WoodWop (project manager).
- Able to work within defined processes and procedures or methodologies.
- Mechanical and analytical skills along with basic math proficiency, including knowledge of geometry and trigonometry required.
- Ability to operate NC machines is highly desirable, Knowledge of machine and tooling capabilities.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical programming related information to engineering, quality control, systems and Maintenance personnel.
- Must be able to read blueprints and write programs that will result in parts that are within the required specifications.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- High school education or equivalent required.
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at [email protected]
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.