IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- ELIGIBLE FOR SITUATIONAL TELEWORK ONLY, INCLUDING EMERGENCY AND OPM PRESCRIBED "UNSCHEDULED TELEWORK"
- KANSAS NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance within one year of appointment.
- Must be able to achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment.
QualificationsMilitary Grades: E1 through E5
Compatible Military Assignments: 3D172, 3D0X3 or those eligible to cross train to
3D0X3 (Pending MCR approval)
- Must be willing and able to cross train into the compatible AFSC
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
GS07: Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training in translating detailed logical steps developed by others into language codes that computers accept where this required understanding of procedures and limitations appropriate to use of a programming language. Experience interviewing subject-matter personnel to get facts regarding work processes, and synthesizing the resulting data into charts showing information flow.
GS09: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency.
GS11: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
"Information Assurance Certification is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C126.96.36.199 or C188.8.131.52. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position."
If you are using Education to qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements: At the GS-7 level, one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC WHEN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
If you fail to properly upload ANY required document, your application will not be considered. Please carefully review which documents are required. Preview all uploaded documents to ensure that you uploaded the CORRECT document.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- A COMPLETED RESUME IS REQUIRED: Your resume must show relevant experience, where you worked, job title, detailed duties and accomplishments written in your own words (Do not plagiarize), employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and ending dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.), hours per week and salary. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your position title, pay plan, series and grade. Your detailed experience should be listed under each job title with starting and ending dates. Resume must show applicants name and contact information.
- For current Federal employees: Provide the latest SF50, Personnel Action reflecting your current pay and position.
- Over-grade applicants must provide a written statement of understanding with their application, indicating a willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for the position.
- College transcripts or Certifications (IF APPLICABLE)
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT, IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION CLAIMS. You must upload the applicable documents with your application package. These documents will assist the staffing specialist in determining your eligibility and competency qualifications.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE? You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of your license or certificate in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your license number and the name of the licensing authority in your resume.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), Position Description Number E18941KSand is part of the KS 184 Intelligence Wing, McConnell AFB, Kansas Air National Guard.
As an IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK), GS-2210-7/9/11, you will conduct testing on new equipment and or software to insure operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards. Recommend policy changes prior to implementation of the tested equipment or software to ensure standards are maintained. Develop and maintain procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation to include policies for system backup and archives. Assure system backups are performed. Develop criteria for operations under network degraded emergency conditions. Install, configure, operate, and maintain network messaging applications. Maintain accuracy of the Global Address List as well as local Address Lists. Provide technical advice to ANG organizations concerning network requirements and network performance issues. Examine and evaluate alternative means of satisfying customer requirements. Suggest technically feasible approaches and make recommendations regarding the most effective and efficient automation approaches. Analyze data and provide recommendation for alternatives in terms of cost, time, necessary equipment and staff. Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
Current members of the Kansas Air National Guard or current or prior service members who are eligible to become members of the Kansas Air National Guard.
- Trust Doctor (F2/StR1 level) in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Security Patrol Officer
- Steel CAD Designer (FT)
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Teaching)
- Day Support Worker - Dudley - Must have care experience
- 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- Registered General Nurse (Nights)
- Registered Manager
- Morning Cleaner
- Site Manager
- Domestic Gas Service & Breakdown Engineer
- Senior Public Health Practitioner HCC36248
- General Labourer in WD17
- Construction Labourer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Boys PE Teacher
- Deputy Manager - Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport, PR8
- Dispenser/ Dispensary assistant
- SET - Infant Feeding Lead Specialist Midwife
- Locum General Radiographer
- Registered Manager
- Company Secretary
- General Handyman
- Research Assistant, STICERD
- Customer Service Assistant
- Communications Engineer
- Vehicle Delivery Driver
- Locum OT Acute Medical
- Traffic Banksman
- Experienced Social Workers (Duty & Assessment)
- Customer Service (CSM) 10hrs
- Advanced Practitioner Radiographer - Mammography
- Assistant Manager
- Lecturer in Motor Vehicle
- Waiting Staff
- Sales Assistant 16 Hours – Lincoln £8.80 Per Hour
- Part Time Recruitment/Office Administrator
- Radiology Services Manager - Band 8b AHP
- Customer Service Advisor
- Drinks/Food runner
- Semi Skilled Labourer
- Vehicle Technician - Sheffield
- HGV Driver / Valeter- Edinburgh
- Night Maternity Nurse
- Bank Mental Health Support Worker
- Cover Supervisor
- Therapy Assistant
- LOADING SHOVEL DRIVER
- Production Employee - Soil Receiving, Truck Unloading
- Bancorp Collateral Control Specialist II
- Laboratory Technician
- Shift Leader
- Associate Linguist
- Relief Security Officer
- Parcel Sorter
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (FT)
- Operations Assistant
- Production Employee - Stockroom & Inventory Control
- ABA Therapists Needed - Experience Preferred!
- Information Technology Internal Auditor
- Business Banking Representative
- Front of house - Bar & Waiting staff
- San Marcos-General Manager-Hiring Now-Jack in the Box
- Administrative Assistant
- Care Team Leader - Lifeways - Supported Living - SR5
- Part-time Sales Associate
- Deputy Jailer- Richmond County Sheriff's Office
- Visual Associate, J.Crew Factory, Bergen Town Center Womens
- Audit Staff 2
- To Go
- Customer Emergency Dispatcher
- Assistant Manager
- Senior University Talent Acquisition Manager, North America
- Delivery Driver
- Plumber Apprentice, Plumber
- MUNICIPAL COURTS SECURITY OFFICER
- Artificial grass installer/Landscaper
- Night Support Worker - St Johns House
- Qualified Electrician
- Customer Service Associate
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Business Strategy Optimization Analyst
- Business Office Manager (BOM)
- Support Worker
- Staff Midwife
- Warehouse Operative
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- Community Engagement Manager
- Hair Stylist
- Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate
- Contact Lens Optician - Sittingbourne
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA115907
- Part-Time Overnight Security Officer
- Direct Support Professional
- Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Nurse Rapid City Hospital Float Pool Full Time
- To Go
- Heavy Duty Truck & Trailer Mechanic
- Carer/Support Worker - Driving Licence Required
- Operating Room RN
- Year 1 Class Teacher
- Community Teacher (Pre-K School Teacher)
- General Laborer
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA116358
- Patient Care Technician-Blank 4 Pedatric Oncology-BCH
- Lab Systems Administrator
- MIU Healthcare Assistant
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
- LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Mess Accountant
- Retail Sales Consultant
- Restaurant Shift Leader
- Customer Service Lead/Keyholder - Hastings Ranch Plaza - Carter's
- Team member
- Asset Manager
- Home Inspector
- Operating Room RN
- Behavioral Health Technician II
- Social Services Coordinator
- Sales Ledger Account Manager and Accountancy Assistant
- Assistant Manager-Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Retail Driver - East Ham
- Operations Manager
- Delivery Driver
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Financial Director
- Healthcare Assistant
- Psychologist- School Based Job ID: TA115903
- TEACHER OF TECHNOLOGY (MPS) – (one-year fixed term to meet the needs of the curriculum)
- Contact Center Project Analyst
- Personal Care Assistant
- General Manager
- Store Manager
- Activities and Lifestyle Facilitator
- Human Resources
- Registered Nurse Dialysis Unit PRN Days
- FTTP FIBRE ENGINEER