Client Facing Senior Accountant
- A world-class accountant?
- Great at building personal relationships?
- Experienced in managing bookkeeping for small businesses?
- Interested in joining a growing, dynamic startup?
If so, this opportunity is for you!
BooksTime is looking for an exceptional accountant to join our small but growing team as a Accounting Supervisor & Relationship Manager.
**This role is 100% remote.**
In this role, you will not be doing basic bookkeeping yourself. See below for a list of this role's responsibilities.
Note: **A cover letter is required.** Please provide a brief cover letter that answers the following 2 questions: (1) What would your ideal job look like? (2) What do you think will be most challenging about this role, based on the description?
Who we are:
BooksTime is an ambitious, innovative accounting & bookkeeping startup. BooksTime was founded in 2016 and we've been growing fast. For more information, check out our website: bookstime.com.
Please note that we don't provide tax or assurance services.
What you'll do:
As Accounting Supervisor & Relationship Manager, you'll:
- Set up services for new clients: When a new client signs up, you'll talk with them and review their books in order to understand their needs. Then, you'll propose a scope of services that would be relevant for them (the sales team will help present this to the client). Once the client confirms the proposed scope, it's your job to come up with a detailed plan regarding how we're going to implement those services. A set of international bookkeepers will be assigned to each client. You'll help get them started on the services for each new client, while coordinating between the different people involved at the client's company and at BooksTime. Throughout this process, your goals are to try to build a personal relationship with the client, and to manage their expectations effectively.
- Supervise services for a portfolio of clients: You'll supervise an international team of bookkeepers to ensure each client's needs are met on an ongoing basis. You may be called on to help the bookkeepers with any requests that go beyond their abilities.
- Manage communication with clients: For some clients, you will serve as the primary point of contact, even after the initial setup phase is over. In these cases, the international bookkeeping team will still handle all of the bookkeeping work. However, you'll handle all the communication with the client. Sometimes, this is as simple as answering a few questions here and there, and forwarding a few monthly reports. However, if a client does not have an in-house CFO (as is the case for some smaller businesses), you may end up providing consulting that helps fill that gap for them. In other words, you will essentially be acting as an outsourced Controller (or even an outsourced CFO, to a limited extent) for some clients.
Additionally, you may occasionally be asked to help with related work in other areas of the business. We're a fast-growing startup, so from time to time we ask everyone to help out with projects beyond their normal range of responsibilities. This could be anything from researching software options to developing a customer service training program for our front-line bookkeeping staff.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Experienced. We need an accountant who has handled the accounting for multiple different small businesses and/or non-profits (either working within the organization or in an accounting/bookkeeping firm). The ideal candidate has had titles like: CFO, VP of Finance, Director of Accounting, Finance Manager, Controller, Full Charge Bookkeeper, Senior Accountant, etc. Management experience is very valuable for this role. However, candidates must also have experience working directly in QuickBooks (not just supervising someone who does).
- Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of accounting & bookkeeping best practices. The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting or a closely related field such as finance, business or economics, though this isn't strictly required. Being a CPA is a plus, but definitely not required. Same goes for being a ProAdvisor.
- Highly organized. This role is a high-speed juggling act. You need to juggle multiple clients with different services and coordinate the work of a diverse team of bookkeepers. This requires exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are the primary contact for a set of clients. It's important that you establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just a bookkeeper, the goal in this position is to become a trusted advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and a friendly, outgoing attitude.
- Detail-oriented. Clients judge us a lot by our accuracy and precision. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is extremely detail-oriented.
- A great communicator. As the face of BooksTime to the client, you should have excellent professional communication skills. You'll need to be perfectly fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Tech-savvy. You'll need to be adept with computers and good at figuring out new systems and tools. Excel expertise is preferred. QuickBooks Online and/or Desktop experience is required. Experience with other accounting software, such as FreshBooks, Xero, Intacct, or NetSuite, is not required but would definitely be a big plus.
- An adaptable, fast learner. Every client has a different set of software, processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in and figuring things out independently (though there will always be people who can help!). If you're at your happiest maintaining a well-established process that someone else designed, this is NOT the ideal role for you. If you love looking for creative solutions to new problems all the time, you could be a perfect fit!
Why join BooksTime:
- Make history. Our startup is still fairly small, but we have big plans to disrupt the accounting and bookkeeping industry. This is a great opportunity to get in early at a startup that, we believe, is on its way to becoming an industry leader.
- Do work that matters.The projects you'll be working on will be critical to the success of the company and our clients.
- Flexible hours. We work at all hours, so we can design a schedule that works for you. Both part time and full time roles are available. Please note, while this is a highly flexible role availability during business hours is required and some availability in the mornings is also needed.*
- Grow with the company. As our company continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and grow professionally.
- Work that stays fresh. You'll have with a diverse portfolio of 10-30 clients (depending on their size) in a broad range of industries, using a variety of different software and all with different goals and personality types. There will always be tons of opportunities to learn new things. Plus, given the pace of change at our growing startup, we can pretty much guarantee that you'll never be bored.
- Constant Improvement. One of core values at BooksTime is Constant Improvement. It applies to everything we do. We're always pushing to do better, from thinking of new ways to "wow" our clients to discovering opportunities to make internal processes more efficient. Our goal is become the #1 bookkeeping firm in the country -- and our relentless focus on Constant Improvement is what will get us there. Every member of our team plays a role, and you'll have an especially big role to play in this position. We can't wait to hear your ideas about how we can do better. If you're looking for a role that gives you ample opportunity to make a big impact -- you've found it!
*Time Zones - IMPORTANT: You need to work in Central or Eastern Time business hours. You'll need to be able to communicate with our European team for 2-3 hours per day (and they leave the office around 11am or noon Eastern Time) as well as with our clients, who are all in the US.
*Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-time preferred. For part-time, a minimum of 25 hours per week would be required.
Compensation: The rates mentioned in this posting are starting rates. For a high performer, these can grow. We review compensation every 6 months, instead of every 12 months, so you have more opportunities for compensation growth based on performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $77,000.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £52,000.00 to £77,000.00 /year
- Relationship Management / Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervision or Management experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 4 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Nursery Cook
- Facilities Assistant 10352527
- Graphic Designer
- Junior Assistant Manager
- Associate Director of Sales Operations
- PT - Cashier
- Front Desk- Galbraith Tennis Center
- FT - Sales Associate - Tools
- Real Estate Agent LIVE CONNECTION LEADS, NO Mo FEES
- Forklift Operator - Crofton, MD
- Nights Healthcare Assistant
- Ground Worker
- Production Associate
- Claires Store Manager Solano Mall Fairfield CA
- PT Customer Service Leader
- Operations Assistant
- Academy Director/Assistant Academy Director - Pittsburgh
- VDA Estimator
- BT720WE - Carers & Relief
- Preschool Assistant Teacher-Part time
- Restaurant Server
- Auto Technician Part-Time/Full-Time
- Specialist Leader - Core Industry Solutions - Life Sciences & Health Care Digital CARE
- Team Member
- Senior Financial & Administration Officer
- Account Director
- Cluster Security Manager
- Assistant Manager/Co
- Finance Director
- Cyber-Physical Security Apprentice
- Healthcare Assistant
- BOH Hospitality Professional
- Dental Ortho Supervisor
- Industrial Recruitment Consultant
- Baker - Full Time
- E-Commerce Administrator / Customer Service Advocate
- Treatment Coordinator
- Ofsted Registered Manager
- Finance Administration Apprentice
- Early Childhood/Pre-School Teacher
- Construction Dump Truck Drivers - Midwest Region
- Level 3 Nursery Practitioners in Hornsey
- Treatment Counselor (Substance Abuse)
- Car Parking Attendant
- Sales Ledger Account Manager and Accountancy Assistant
- Shift Leader
- Part Time Merchandiser SAS
- Delivery Driver
- Salon Support Tech
- MIU Healthcare Assistant
- Retail Sales Consultant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Retail Driver - East Ham
- Delivery Driver
- TEACHER OF TECHNOLOGY (MPS) – (one-year fixed term to meet the needs of the curriculum)
- Human Resources
- FTTP FIBRE ENGINEER
- Customer Services Advisor (Maternity Cover 12 months)
- Human Resources Manager
- P/T experienced domestic cleaners needed
- Facility Support Advocate
- Administrative Assistant
- NEW VACANCY -- MOTOR CLAIMS HANDLER
- Home Care Assistant - Bicester
- HHS - EVS Floor Tech
- Unmanned Aircraft Repair
- Customer Assistant - Café
- Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
- Security Team Member SIA Badge
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Packaging Operator
- Sales and Service Advisor - PT & FT Positions
- Care Apprenticeships
- TESTING SUPERVISORS - PAY RATE UP TO £13 PER HOUR - CAMBRIDGE
- Mortgage Loan Officer
- English Academic Mentor | Tottenham
- UI/UX Web Designer
- Chef de Partie
- HGV Class 1 Tramper Drivers
- Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Field Service Engineer
- Senior Manager
- Care Assistant - Oxford
- Relationship Banker (Floating Staff - North Shore)
- Paraprofessional - Part-time Weekends
- Direct Care Worker
- Real Estate Agent LIVE LEADS, NO DESK FEES
- Maintenance Worker Skilled Nursing Facility F/T
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Social Worker - Adoption
- Store Manager Designate
- Surgery Scheduling Specialist ~ Vanderbilt Eye Institute
- Shift Manager
- Warehouse Associate (Req 8428)
- Direct Care Worker - Non-Meds
- Assistant Manager
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA115907
- Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Nurse Rapid City Hospital Float Pool Full Time
- Direct Support Professional
- Heavy Duty Truck & Trailer Mechanic
- Operating Room RN
- Part-Time Overnight Security Officer
- To Go
- General Laborer
- Year 1 Class Teacher
- Carer/Support Worker - Driving Licence Required
- Patient Care Technician-Blank 4 Pedatric Oncology-BCH
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA116358
- Community Teacher (Pre-K School Teacher)
- Lab Systems Administrator
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
- LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Mess Accountant
- Customer Service Lead/Keyholder - Hastings Ranch Plaza - Carter's
- Restaurant Shift Leader
- Team member
- Asset Manager
- Behavioral Health Technician II
- Home Inspector
- Social Services Coordinator
- Assistant Manager-Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Operating Room RN
- Operations Manager
- Psychologist- School Based Job ID: TA115903
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Financial Director
- Personal Care Assistant
- General Manager
- Store Manager
- Activities and Lifestyle Facilitator
- Registered Nurse Dialysis Unit PRN Days
- Qualified Dental Nurse
- Assistant Manager
- Field Marketing Representative - Non-Exempt
- Store Manager
- Donation-Utility Associate Trainee
- Contact Center Project Analyst
- Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Community Team
- Food Service Director
- CAMERA OPERATOR & VIDEO EDITOR
- Track Design Engineer
- Business Analyst