Merchandising Service Associate- PT & FT
Job Title: Merchandising Service Associate Department: Merchandising Services
I. Job Summary:
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Merchandising Service Associate, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and engaging vendors and associates to meet store needs.
- Ensuring signage, pricing information, and displays are accurate so that merchandise is easy to locate.
- Creating visually appealing product selections that are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
The Merchandising Service Associate (MSA) completes merchandising resets and service-related projects accurately, on time, and in accordance with merchandising and safety standards. To be successful, this associate must be able to follows detailed project instructions. The MSA builds displays, processes damaged products, rotates and prices stock, resolves project issues or questions, checks third party work completion, and provides proof of project completion.
Travel Requirements : This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
II. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Builds relationships with vendors by providing direction and checking to ensure merchandise resets are completed according to Lowe’s specifications.
- Collaborates with the Merchandising Service team and Manager by communicating project priorities, schedule, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time).
- Analyzes metrics and provides feedback on project execution and in-store service to store, market, and corporate leaders.
Although majority of time of time will be spent in activities that do not involve the direct interaction with customers, the individual in this role is expected to engage with customers when the opportunity arises. This includes:
- Understands customers’ needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Moves or replaces beams and grids, rotates stock, builds products, and displays products and support materials using power equipment (e.g., lifts, order pickers) per reset and/or project instructions and processes.
- Identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to Return to
Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off on the products as defective.
- Verifies buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping.
- Identifies damaged or missing signage, displays, and collateral and orders replacements in accordance with merchandising standards and planogram details.
- Updates/validates wayfinding and product location signage as well as digital maintenance of this information throughout the store.
- Confirms that product pricing information is visible and clear and resolves/replaces any missing pricing labels.
- Ensures cross merchandise, side stack products, j-hooks and gravity feed bins are placed appropriately, helping to drive add-on sales.
- Works with store leadership to stage clearance and damaged merchandise for quick sale.
- Sorts products in bins, drawers and boxes to ensure that they are in the proper location.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Reviews, completes, and enters completion details (when, what, amount of time spent, taking and uploading photographs to confirm servicing completion, etc.) for all assigned merchandise reset, service, and maintenance tasks.
- Ensures all reset displays are safe and in working order and repaired/replaced as needed.
- Repairs/seals damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items.
- Removes all trash, moves cardboard boxes to the bailer, and moves plastic wrap and other debris to the compactor.
- Replaces light bulbs and alerts Facility Services Associate (FSA) when additional maintenance issues are noted (lights out, painting, etc.).
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual is held accountable for other duties as assigned.
III. Competencies Needed:
Focus on Customers
Delivers SMART customer service by:
- Understanding who your customers are
- Actively seeking out and engaging with customers.
- Asking questions to identify and understand customer needs.
- Delivering products and solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrating sincere appreciation to customers.
- Completes assignments consistently.
- Maintains focus despite obstacles.
- Puts in consistent effort to meet goals.
- Works steadily on routine priorities.
- Displays a can-do attitude.
- Confirms what needs to be done and does it.
- Meets deadlines consistently.
- Takes action without relying on oversight.
- Takes on tough assignments when asked.
- Remains productive during times of change and uncertainty.
- Raises difficult issues to ensure they are addressed.
- Shares feedback and expresses disagreements tactfully.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and apply new skills.
- Asks for help with personal development efforts.
- Remains open to feedback from others.
- Shares knowledge and best practices with others.
Maintains awareness of workplace conditions that affect associate and customer safety by:
- Adhering to company safety policies and procedures while working.
- Completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self, others, and customers.
- Responding appropriately in an emergency and reports.
- Reporting unsafe conditions.
- Makes productive contributions to the group.
- Solicits input from others.
- Acknowledges others’ efforts, advice, and contributions.
- Volunteers to help others when needed.
- Communicates the status and completion of assignments.
- Holds self accountable for complying with policies, procedures, and work requirements.
- Seeks input to ensure assignments are done correctly.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
Optimize Work Processes
- Adheres to defined standards, methods, and procedures.
- Informs others about process problems.
- Seeks ways to work better within the existing processes.
- Suggests process improvement ideas for own work area.
Attention to Detail
- Accomplishes a duty with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Notices inconsistencies/faults in store processes in order to ensure the quality of services and products leaving the facility and to prevent further inefficiencies.
- Utilizes store equipment in assigned area along with power tools in a safe and appropriate manner.
IV. Dimensions of the Job
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
Work Schedule * Requires morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight availability any day of the week.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
- May be asked to travel between stores within the district.
- Move throughout all areas of the store including the sales floor, receiving, area, register areas, lawn and garden, as well as the outside perimeter of the store with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand, sit, and/or walk continuously with or without reasonable accommodation and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb (ladders, stairs), balance, and/or crouch on a daily basis to accomplish work activities.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over
Physical Job 25 pounds with or without assistance.
Store guidelines to moving merchandise:
- Lifting and moving merchandise methods will vary depending on ability of associate, weight of merchandise, and volume of product; associates must follow store lifting guidelines.
- A single lift by one associate should not exceed 75 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Team lifts should be utilized minimally starting at 75 pounds.
- Powered equipment should be used when needed dependent on load and volume. (Associate must have proper training to utilize power equipment or ask a trained coworker for assistance).
- May be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes;
Environmental possible exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy weather conditions.
Concerns * Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level sufficient to cause marked distraction.
- Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required.
- Ability to utilize web based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months of Lowe’s sales floor experience.
- 6 months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
- 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.02 to $14.15 /hour
- merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Every other week
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday
- Crew Member
- Cake Decorator
- Heating Engineer
- Senior Nursery Nurse - Mother and Baby Unit
- NIGHT SHIFT: GENERAL CLEANERS & TRASH/CORRUGATE
- Material Handler, Nights - Fairport
- Specialist Research Lead
- Shift Leader
- Engineering Storeman
- Customer Service Manager
- Fixed Plant Fitter
- Groundworker/ 360/ Civils Operative
- Community Care Worker
- Security Officer
- Housekeeping Team Member- 5* Residential Building
- HMS Picker
- Customer Assistant - Bakery - OVER 18
- Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Psych Adult Chem Depend
- Accounting Assistant
- Business Development Executive - Recruitment
- Regional Talent Acquisition Strategy & Planning Lead, EMEA
- Part Time Support Worker
- Product Manager Lead, Operations Platform
- Cashier - MUST work weekends
- Per Diem RN II - Hospital, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Community Care Worker
- Shift Electricians
- Assistant General Manager
- Maintenance Coordinator
- Wait Staff/Server
- Staff Nurse
- Marriage & Family Therapist - Licensed, Intake, SMVH
- Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital Acute Care 3North
- RN ICU (Intensive Care Unit) - SRN Float Full Time Night Shift
- Clinical Nurse - RN, Emergency Department, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Clinical Nurse - RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Per Diem RN III - Hospital, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Principal Demand and Capacity Planner
- Psych Social Worker - Licensed, Psychology, SMVH
- RN PCU (Progressive Care Unit) SRN Full Time Float Nights
- Medical Receptionist
- RN PCU (Progressive Care Unit) - SRN Float Full Time Night Shift
- Case Manager II, Inpt Case Management, SCMG
- Clinical Nurse - RN, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Lead Clinical Nurse - RN Sharp Memorial Hospital Acute Care 6N Surgical unit
- Advanced Clinician - RN, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Per Diem RN III - Hospital, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- One Stop - Customer Service Assistant
- Patient Care Assistant, Med Surg Overflow, Nights
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst- BCBA/BCaBA- Great Pay!
- Preceptor or Specialist Clinical Psychologist Band 7/8a
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Healthcare Assistant
- Commercial Property Solicitor
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Intern)
- Branch Manager/Sales and Operations (Construction Supply)
- Enquire to see if there is a vacancy
- Vice President - Charles River Investment Compliance
- SF0520TH - Befriender/Carer
- Key Support Worker
- Portuguese speaking Nanny in Westminster
- EMEA Senior Risk Manager, Corporate Staff and Representative Office (Principal, Enterprise Risk)
- Server I-80 Truck Stop Cafe - PT
- Community Support Worker
- Mental Health Coordinator - Full Time
- Interim Prevention Manager - London
- Information Support Analyst
- CDL A Truck Driver Needed!
- Live in or live out Nanny
- Cabinet Maker/Joiner
- Housekeeper-Nassau,Long Island
- Social Worker
- SIPS/ Timber Frame Material Take Off
- Area Cleaning Supervisor
- Night Operations Manager
- Senior Firmware Engineer
- Home Carer
- Physiotherapist- Band 6
- Low Voltage Installer
- Internship - Corporate Messaging
- Museum Curator
- Warehouse Operative
- Community Care Worker
- ECT DM; CSR; PLANNER
- Principal Maxillofacial Prosthetist / Reconstructive Scientist- Band 8a
- Highly Specialised Physiotherapist - STAR Team
- Nursery Practitioner
- Guest Advisor LOD
- Hygiene Operative
- Bank Care Assistant
- Financial Accountant – Immediate Start – WFH
- Project Manager II-Internal (00S21G)
- Residential Property Manager
- Line Cook
- Nurse Manager Bank
- Legal Cost Analyst
- Support Worker - L/D New
- Community Manager/Night Manager
- Maintenance Manager - Hands on
- Engineering Technician 5
- Lawn Maintenance
- Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD)
- Registered Nurse
- Financial Analyst
- Construction Crew Leader
- Chief People Officer
- Behavior Technician - Milford
- Journeyman Technician Level V
- Career Pathways & Transition Coordinator
- NHS 111 Paediatric Clinical Advisor (Telephone Advice Nurse/Paramedic)
- FIRE & BUILDING CODE INSPEC 1* -04292020-8896
- Field Operations Support Assistant
- Merchandising Service Associate- PT & FT
- Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN
- Production Manager
- Planning Consultant
- Long-Hour Shifts Available Immediately
- General Engineer/Physical Scientist
- Senior Care Assistant Bank
- District Sales Manager
- Fish and chip shop assistant
- Quality Controller - Chemist - Commercial Laundry
- Specialist Registrar Oncology Medicine
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Office Manager Orthodontics
- Pharmacist Manager
- Temporary Sales Associate, Retail
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Staff Nurse
- DIO – iHub Information Manager
- Assistant Manager (Part-Time), J.Crew Retail, Arden Fair
- Amazon In-Store Shopper (Immediate Opening) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Senior Test Analyst
- Support Worker - Swansea Shoreline
- AMHP Social Worker NEEDED
- Field Service Technician
- Pharmacist (Online Hub)
- Urgent Hire Unarmed Security Officer
- Supervising Social Worker - Independent Fostering Agency
- Substitute Clerical Positions
- Speech Language Pathologist Travel
- Behavior Technician - Louisville South