Medical Records Clerk
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penncare for Kids Limerick
- The Medical Records Clerk must maintain a strong patient/customer focus that supports the delivery of the highest quality of care and shares a passion for patient and customer centered care to assist in exceeding patient satisfaction. The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate the medical records process in the practice inclusive of scanning, filing, medical records requests, and patient/customer service.
- Prioritizes and scans all appropriate paper data routinely as they come to the department in to the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Follows appropriate scanning process as specified by UPHS/Department defined process, ensuring patient is properly identified and document is attached/routed appropriately in the EMR.
- Confirms the presence of the scanned file in the appropriate place in the EMR system prior to the destruction of the paper copy per department protocol.
- As appropriate and as per department protocols, responds to requests and questions related to medical records services in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Notifies supervisor of any scanning problems.
- Sorts, prioritizes, and disperses faxes and mail according to established protocols.
- Enables communication by answering the phone, providing excellent customer service, and by placing calls to internal and external information sources.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED required
- Associates degree preferred
- Training certificate from a relevant program, such as Medical Office Administration, preferred
- 1+ years customer service experience; ideally within a healthcare setting training certificate from a relevant program, such as Medical Office Administration, preferred
- Must successfully pass all EMR training courses designated for this position within 90 days of employment
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.