System Engineer, Managed Platform
ASRC Federal Vistronix (ASRC Federal) is actively seeking a System Engineer, Managed Platform to join our Denver-based team and provide enterprise network support services for computer systems for software to support for our federal customer. The successful candidate will provide assistance and expertise for the design, acquisition, implementation, security, and operation of computing platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and tier 3 operational support of enterprise infrastructure server systems, including virtualized Suse Enterprise Linux (SLES) environments within VMWare, Solaris SPARC hosting environments (Global/Local Zoning), and supporting operations for frequently used application softwares (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Ansible, PHP, MySQL, OpenSSL, etc.). A familiarity with Windows integration components (e.g. Centrify) and OS configurable tuning to support enterprise databases (e.g. Oracle, Informix, etc) is also important.
- Monitors and analyzes applications shared infrastructure and components to identify commonalities, areas of risk, and develop long term strategies to maintaining up to date and modern systems architectures and componentry.
- Platform technical, design, development, deployment, operations, and maintenance support, governance standards enforcement, quality control, and other areas of Platform development, operations, and maintenance support.
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of systems implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Monitors the performance of systems.
- Develop and complete actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements.
- Create/maintain documentation of the infrastructure and configurations (architecture diagrams, procedures)
- Performing advanced diagnosis and remediation planning of security incidents
- Application of STIGS, patches, security auditing and testing
Required Skills and Competencies
- Intermediate level experience working with IIS, PHP, mySQL, Linux/UNIX and Windows OS
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud environments and concepts
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (e.g. Python, Shell, WMI, etc)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Working knowledge of the command line interface, BASH scripting, and any of the main programming languages (Python, the C family, Angular, etc.)
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of cyber security and a willingness to learn new concepts
- Experience with MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to deploy/configure/upgrade/troubleshoot complex systems and services.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex infrastructure challenges.
- Ability to work in a team environment to solve complex infrastructure challenges.
- Solid communication (written and oral) skills.
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Center (federal Data Center preferred).
- An understanding of the NIST 800-53 controls that apply to Data Centers.
- Knowledge of or experience with Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM).
- Ability to conduct root-cause analysis of complex systems, and service incidents.
- Proven ability applying Service-Oriented Design concepts to systems engineering tasks.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Design strategies and processes.
- Knowledge of or direct experience with Oracle Solaris virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud service provider technologies such as Microsoft AZURE and Amazon AWS.
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop and Netscaler technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage technologies and protocols such as S3.
- Knowledge of or experience with a structured programming language.
- Experience in performing network analysis, utilizing logs and packet captures.
- Knowledge of Riverbed Technologies, WAN Optimization technologies, and network monitoring tools.
- Prior government contracting experience preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree – such as Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or Engineering, a must
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a system engineer, system architect, system administrator (or similar) is required.
We invest in the lives of our employees, both in and out of the workplace, by providing competitive pay and benefits packages. This position is offering a pay range of $61 - $103 depending on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. Benefits offered may include health care, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k); education assistance; paid time off including PTO, holidays, and any other paid leave required by law.