Carcase Service Officer
Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Ltd (MLCSL) is a well-established company that prides itself on providing independent data, advice, logistics and inspection services to the meat and livestock industry.
The position involves working in a fast-paced environment as a member of our Carcase Services team. Once the training programme has been completed the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, weighing and classifying a variety of carcases at this busy abattoir. Duties will include:
- Operating specialist classification equipment
- Recording data accurately and within specified timescales
- Abiding by industry wide standards of classification (EUROP)
- Establishing and maintaining a close working relationship with the customer, paying attention to customer care and the promotion of the MLCSL’s classification service.
- Completing the required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Previous experience in the meat or livestock industry (e.g. as a butcher, farmer or in a slaughterhouse)
- Excellent communication skills with a strong focus on delivering ethical customer care, under scrutiny
- A great team player who is both reliable and flexible.
- A flexible approach to working hours, which on occasion may include weekend working.
- A full driving licence and trade/industry qualifications would be an advantage.
23 days holiday – increased with period of service + Enhanced pension scheme.
Reference ID: Westerleigh2
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £22,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- driving (Preferred)