- Employ advanced qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze, and measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of organizational programs.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement performance measures to evaluate productivity programs.
- Establish study methods and techniques to be utilized in complex studies and audits.
- Interpret findings resulting from studies that are independently developed.
- Recommend strategies to improve program implementations and evaluations.
- Research complex and ongoing and projected programmatic activities.
- Develop modifications, revisions, and implement procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Management Analysts
- Program Analysts
- Program Management Analyst
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
QualificationsIn order to qualify for a Program Analyst, GS-0343 position at the GS-11 level, you must have:
- Completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.M., if related; OR
- One (1) year of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: analyzing the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of conventional problems involving program operations; reviewing the effectiveness of policies and procedures related to the management and administration of financial and budgeting operations; gathering and organizing statistical information to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; and drafting recommendations for modifying, revising, or implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; OR
- A combination of post baccalaureate education that is related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
- One (1) year of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of organizational programs; performing studies and analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and procedures related to the management and administration of financial and budgeting operations; implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; and recommending and implementing operations solutions to senior management.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10895653
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is Tier II non-emergency/teleworker
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should apply online to this announcement to receive consideration
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s). Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Visit our Applicant FAQs page for helpful information on the application process.
- Visit our Total Compensation page for a detailed look into the benefits, awards, leave, retirement and other incentives employees may receive as part of a rewarding work environment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To determine your qualifications and referral status, we may review your resume and supporting documentation and compare it against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Ensure you support your self-ratings by the information you provide in your application. We may verify or assess your qualifications at any time. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts may be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must be able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position upon entry and substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Your resume must thoroughly describe how your skills and experiences align to the criteria defined in the "Qualifications" section of this announcement and it must support your responses to the assessment questionnaire. We cannot assume you have performed the necessary experience required for this position regardless of your employment history or academic career.
To ensure all of the essential information is in your resume, we encourage you to use the USAJOBS online Resume Builder. If you choose to use your own resume, you must ensure it contains all of the required information and you organize it so we can associate the following information for each experience/position:
- Job title
- Name of employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment (month/day/year format)
- Hours worked per week. We will assume full-time unless otherwise stated. We will prorate part-time employment in crediting experience.
- Detailed description of job duties, accomplishments, related skills, and responsibilities to include any supervisory/managerial responsibilities and number of staff supervised (if applicable)
- Series and grade or equivalent (if a federal position)
If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying on the basis of education, you must list your education history including the type of degree and your major of study. If the position requires a certain number of credit hours, you are strongly encouraged to list the relevant courses in your resume.
Do not include a photograph or video of yourself, or any sensitive information (age, date of birth, marital status, protected health information, religious affiliation, social security number, etc.) on your resume or cover letter. We will not access web pages linked on your resume or cover letter to determine your qualifications.
For resume writing guidance, please visit the following resources: NIH Jobs website, USAJOBS Resource Center, and the USAJOBS Resume Writing Video Tutorial.
You must submit a completed assessment questionnaire.
Unless otherwise stated, we will only use the information above to determine your qualifications. Not providing the required information may result in a determination that you do not meet minimum requirements for the position (e.g., an ineligible rating) or a lower rating.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR PREFERENCE OR ELIGIBILITY CLAIMS
To claim veterans' preference, career transition selection priority, Schedule A or military spouse eligibility, you must provide the documentation listed below AND respond accordingly to the associated question on the online questionnaire.
- Veterans' preference (DD-214, VA Disability Letter, etc.): Reference Standard Form 15 (SF-15) for required documentation for 10 point claims. Submission of SF-15 is not required, unless you are claiming derived preference (XP) as described in questions 7, 8, or 9 on the SF-15. In those cases, you must submit a completed SF-15 and the required documentation. For 5 point claims, you must submit your DD-214 (if separated) or any written documentation from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application package.
- Visit our sites on Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information and required documentation.
- Visit our site on the Appointment of Certain Military Spouses for more information and required documentation to verify eligibility.
- Schedule A Eligibility (Applicants with Disabilities) Applicants who are eligible to be considered under Schedule A must submit appropriate documentation to verify eligibility. Documentation must be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. The letter must be printed on a medical professional's letterhead and signed. Veterans' preference takes precedence in these appointments.
The Schedule A and military spouse hiring authorities do not guarantee employment or give an individual preference in the hiring process.
If you do not provide the required information, we will assume you are not eligible, or you do not wish to be considered for any preference or eligibility.
Do not submit documentation that is not requested of you. To protect your personal information, we will only send your resume and cover letter to the selecting official or hiring manager.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located within the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Office of the Clinical Director.
Major duties include:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National. Foreign nationals or legal permanent residents are not eligible for consideration.
- Weekend Overnight
- Associate Team Leader
- Order Fulfillment Coordinator (PT)
- Delivery Driver
- Front Desk - FT
- Delivery Driver - Using Own Car Southampton - Hedge End
- Customer Support Rep - Back to School Hiring in Rexburg, Idaho! Hiring NOW!
- Evening Cleaner
- Insurance - Associate Agent
- Insurance - Licensed Customer Service
- Utility Pipe Foreman
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / EXCELLENT PAY!
- Food Server
- Retail Sales Assistant - Bath
- Data and Analytics Manager
- Inbound Customer Service - 9AM-5PM
- Carcase Service Officer
- Kitchen Porter
- Merchandiser/Sales Assistant
- Campus Recruiting - Investment Banking Summer Associate - Charlotte
- Maintenance Worker
- Sales Associate Evenings and Weekends
- KS4 mentor role -Pupil Referral Unit Feltham
- Retail Assisatnt - Online Picking (Zero Hour Contract)
- Full-time Nanny for 4 Children
- Senior Statistical Officer across the GSS - London
- Butcher & Butchers Assistant
- Assistant Branch Manager
- Tire Service Technician
- Production - Decorating / Finishing
- PT Customer Service Leader
- Customer Delivery Driver - Solihull Extra
- 1st Line Service Desk Analyst
- Team Leader - The Food Warehouse (Contracted 16 Hours)
- CNA / Certified Nurses Assistant
- Technical Support Specialist
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Weekends 7-3 & 3-11
- HGV Driver
- Home Delivery Driver (Contracted 16 Hours)
- Customer Delivery Driver -
- Retail Assistant (7.5 hours/week) - The Food Warehouse
- Customer Assistant
- Instructional Designer, Global Learning & Development (Remote)
- Insurance Agency Manager
- Retail Assisatnt - Online Picking (Zero Hour Contract)
- Field Resolution Officer Self Employed
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Editor
- Property & Casualty Insurance Service Rep II - Vero Beach, FL