We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’re been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving and we’re now launching a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
About the role
As a Data Scientist at Zopa, you will be working on a broad range of data and modelling topics, such as credit risk, fraud detection, pricing, and customer engagement. You will contribute to the full lifecycle of data science projects, including data processing, feature engineering, model optimization, deployment to production, and model monitoring. You will engage with stakeholders across the company and make direct impacts on our products and millions of customers.
On daily basis, you will work closely with product managers, analysts, data engineers and software engineers to make progress of your project. You will also support other data scientists by knowledge sharing, code review, collaboration on common utilities and analytical infrastructure.
- You love data; you are passionate about solving real world problems with data
- You have solid knowledge and hands-on skills in data processing, machine learning and statistical analysis
- You are a scientist, always curious and eager to learn
- You have an inquisitive mind to delve under the surface and challenge status quo
- You are fearless in innovation, for the good of our customers and the world
- You are a great communicator, you don't shy away from engaging people of different background and you can communicate data science ideas effectively and convincingly
- You are a team player, striving for the success of the team and collaborate with an open mind
- You’ll have a can-do attitude with strong commitment to get the job done
Ideally you'll need
- Proficiency in SQL
- Excellent programming skill in Python
- Hands-on experience of the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas, Scipy, MatPlotLib, Scikit-learn, Keras)
- Working knowledge of statistics (e.g., Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, maximum likelihood, bootstrap, Bayesian inference)
- Working knowledge in machine learning algorithms: logistic regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, neural networks, k-means, and more!
Bonus points for.....
- Experience of full lifecycle of a data science project, from data collection, EDA, model optimization to deployment and monitoring
- Experience with AWS services (SageMaker, Redshift, Lambda, S3, etc)
- Domain knowledge in consumer lending, credit risk, online business
- Good understanding of best practice in software engineering
- Working knowledge of Git, Docker, CI/CD, REST API
- Experience in optimization algorithms, deep learning, reinforcement learning
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- A STEM degree, preferably PhD
- Industry experience in analytics and modelling
- Contribution to open source projects
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.
The job is posted by Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health from Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health at Abington, PA with salary
The job is posted by Phoenix Care Staff Limited from Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch at Kendal LA9 with salary
- Weekend Overnight
- Associate Team Leader
- Order Fulfillment Coordinator (PT)
- Delivery Driver
- Front Desk - FT
- Delivery Driver - Using Own Car Southampton - Hedge End
- Customer Support Rep - Back to School Hiring in Rexburg, Idaho! Hiring NOW!
- Evening Cleaner
- Insurance - Associate Agent
- Insurance - Licensed Customer Service
- Utility Pipe Foreman
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / EXCELLENT PAY!
- Food Server
- Retail Sales Assistant - Bath
- Data and Analytics Manager
- Carcase Service Officer
- Kitchen Porter
- Inbound Customer Service - 9AM-5PM
- Merchandiser/Sales Assistant
- Campus Recruiting - Investment Banking Summer Associate - Charlotte
- Maintenance Worker
- Sales Associate Evenings and Weekends
- KS4 mentor role -Pupil Referral Unit Feltham
- Retail Assisatnt - Online Picking (Zero Hour Contract)
- Full-time Nanny for 4 Children
- Senior Statistical Officer across the GSS - London
- Butcher & Butchers Assistant
- Assistant Branch Manager
- Tire Service Technician
- Production - Decorating / Finishing
- PT Customer Service Leader
- Customer Delivery Driver - Solihull Extra
- 1st Line Service Desk Analyst
- Team Leader - The Food Warehouse (Contracted 16 Hours)
- CNA / Certified Nurses Assistant
- Technical Support Specialist
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Weekends 7-3 & 3-11
- HGV Driver
- Home Delivery Driver (Contracted 16 Hours)
- Customer Delivery Driver -
- Retail Assistant (7.5 hours/week) - The Food Warehouse
- Customer Assistant
- Instructional Designer, Global Learning & Development (Remote)
- Insurance Agency Manager
- Retail Assisatnt - Online Picking (Zero Hour Contract)
- Field Resolution Officer Self Employed
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Medical Editor
- Property & Casualty Insurance Service Rep II - Vero Beach, FL