Strategic Account Manager - Western Territory (Remote)
Connection Enterprise Solutions is a profitable $1.3B+ company focusing on providing technology solutions for the Fortune 2000, located in Boca Raton, Florida. Connection Enterprise Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Connection (CNXN), a $3 Billion+ publicly traded company located in Merrimack, NH.
Connection Enterprise Solutions offers a wide range of technology services with over 500 technical certifications and a qualified team of expert engineers, software licensing specialists and project managers to offer best-in-class solutions to our customers. We deliver end-to-end solutions across the entire IT lifecycle-from assessment, design, procurement, and installation to management and asset disposition. Focused on solving the complex business challenges of enterprise customers, Connection Enterprise Solutions is a one-stop source for a full range of IT products and services, including data center, networking, mobility, and software solutions. Offering over a million products from 1,600 technology vendors, Connection Enterprise Solutions' proprietary cloud based e-procurement system, TRAXX, creates a streamlined, efficient approach to IT procurement that reduces the cost and complexity of buying hardware, software and services. By leveraging our strategic relationships with leading IT manufacturers and software publishers, Connection Enterprise Solutions is able to provide the best pricing and preferred product availability.
As part of a sales team, Strategic Account Manager's provide proactive strategic sales support to one or more Outside Field Sales Reps and their clients and are responsible for driving additional business with new and existing clients.
This is primarily a field sales and end-customer facing position, requiring strong communications skills, but the role also requires extensive interaction and communication with OEM's, Connection Enterprise Solutions Sales Support Reps and Connection Enterprise Solutions HQ Operations teams. Job tasks involve high degree of understanding of the distribution channel, gaining task knowledge, comprehension, and a deep understanding of technical concepts and the ability to work with Connection Enterprise Solutions' engineering teams.
In addition to having the knowledge and comprehension of standard Connection Enterprise Solutions sales support tasks , SAM's must be able to rapidly analyze, synthesize and evaluate business scenarios, recognizing both opportunities and issues, making decisions and taking appropriate actions that are in the best interest of both Connection Enterprise Solutions and our Clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Focus on new account development in addition to expanding current business with existing clients
- Visit prospective and existing clients to assist Outside Sales Representative with projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with Outside Sales Executive on strategic client facing initiatives
- Work closely with Inside Account Managers (IAM).
- Establish and maintain strong manufacturer and distributor relationships
- Leverage current and past relationships with one or more existing, active buying accounts in our large enterprise segment of the market.
- Leverage strong existing relationships with local OEM field sales teams of strategic suppliers such as HP, Lenovo, IBM, Cisco, VM Ware and Microsoft. Ideally has an understanding of their market strategy, mapping and territories and incentive and marketing programs.
- Look for margin opportunities in orders and projects
- Must be able to travel 20% requirement.
- Candidate must be able to work from home office
Connection, Inc. and its subsidiaries consider all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, sex (including pregnancy), color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by applicable state and federal law. Connection will consider accommodations for any known physical, mental, or other impairments of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our applicant screening process and to effectively perform the essential functions of their jobs, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
- An experienced, mature and seasoned sales professional with at least 5 years of experience successfully selling IT hardware, software and professional services directly to large enterprise accounts.
- High degree of technical expertise and ability to design complex solution
- Have prior, recent and relevant experience selling IT products at competitor VAR or direct marketer
- Knowledgeable on major strategic OEM product lines with understanding of current technologies
- Requires strong work ethics, can do attitude and ability to work in a team
- Strong organization skills
- Able to present, communicate and sell effectively to senior level executives
- Able to think strategically and leverage resources.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Previous experiences in a similar role in a fast-paced, high-velocity, high touch sales environment is absolutely a requirement.
- Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, IBM sales certification preferred