Manages all activities of a branch. Responsible for the overall success of the branch operating model, including customer and employee experience, digital engagement, transactions/operations, servicing, and sales. Has personal production responsibility.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for overall profitability by directing sales and business development, meeting operational objectives and ensuring the branch achieves its annual goals.
- Leads team through coaching, performance management, and setting priority. Builds and develops branch staff.
- Identifies Retail and Business Banking customer needs through the M&T sales processes, using the tools and resources to assist customers with short and long term solutions.
- Proactively prospects and grows Business Banking relationships through outreach. Builds the bank’s presence in the community
- Conducts interviews and selects employees based on staffing model.
- Actively models and coaches customer service and needs determination behaviors. Reinforces and maintains accountability for execution of Retail strategy.
- Ensures operational and requirements are maintained, to include consumer and business banking guidelines. Ensures compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Takes ownership of complex account servicing and error resolution issues, including those escalated by other Bankers. Provide coaching and guidance to improve and reduce future problem resolution/escalations.
- Engages with all team members and business partners as appropriate.
- Independently processes all Business Banking loan requests up to $100,000. Proactively bundle products and services as appropriate.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintains M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- Exercises usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position reports to a Retail Regional Manager and leads the branch team to achieve annual sales and profitability goals, and has a sound working knowledge of the overall operations of the branch.
Branch Managers have the responsibility to establish and maintain federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act.
Branch Managers must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions. In addition, Insurance licensing minimum expectations must be maintained as outlined in MTS Licensed Banker Academy document. Business Banking Specialist minimum expectations will be set by both the Branch and Retail Regional Manager.
Branch Managers will typically spend some of their time servicing existing customers, and the majority of the time growing the business through proactive sales and outside calling activities.
Branch Managers are responsible for building productive partnerships with appropriate areas of the bank to ensure customer needs, service issues, and employee issues are resolved timely and accurately. Branch Managers are responsible for taking full ownership of customer issues until they are completely resolved.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Branch Managers generally have direct reporting responsibility for branch staff.
Education and Experience Required:
OR, in lieu of degree,
Four (4) years’ relevant experience. Minimum three years sales experience
Minimum two years’ managerial experience or proven leadership abilities.
At Market Manager discretion/branch need, Life/Accident and Health Insurance licensing required within 18 months of entry into position. Note: branch provides training for licensing within 6 months.
M&T Business Banking Specialist within 18 months of hire.
Demonstrated strong knowledge of Business Banking products, services and client relationship management.
M&T Way Certified
Precision Leadership Certified Bi-lingual/Spanish preferred
Work with common PC software, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software for word processing and spreadsheets.
Experience with Internet and email preferred.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Demonstrated sales/business development experience and success. Has fundamental understanding of profitability.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proven ability to demonstrate and coach exceptional customer service.
Ability to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel and business partners across the organization.
Strong financial services product knowledge preferred.
Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
LocationLemoyne, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Maintenance Mechanic - Graveyard Shift
- PHLEBOTOMIST - LAB
- Route Sales Person
- Library Assistant
- Senior Manager, Title Planning
- Showroom Advisor - Chester
- Housekeeper - Coronary Care
- Retail Sales Associate (part-time) - 231
- Registered Nurse Recovery Room Full Time Flexible
- Part Time Retail Merchandiser
- Child Support Worker
- Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full time Nights 10K Bonus for Experienced RNs
- TeleTherapy Services for SLP in Washington State
- Contract Recruiter
- Freight Stocker
- Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - Foster City Branch
- Traveling LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- RN Case Manager Full Time Days
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (1628 - Warrenton)
- Occupational Therapist-73709
- Program Manager
- Skilled Trades VI - Heating Plant
- Associate Scientist #JN -082020-54879
- Lighthouse Connections Academy - School Office Manager, 2020-2021 School Year
- General Manager
- Housekeeper I - Days- Full-Time
- Part-Time Center Associate
- Hospitality (Day)
- Help Desk Specialist
- Assistant Manager
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - San Carlos Branch
- Travel CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Restaurant Team Member
- Managed Care Specialist
- Teletherapy-Speech Language Pathologist-CCC-Georgia
- Registered Nurse Obstetrics Full Time Nights
- Waitress and Cashier
- Forklift Driver / Warehouse General Operative
- Curation Specialist (Contract)
- Office Administrator
- Member Service Specialist
- Receptionist/Administration Assistant
- Registered Nurse Same Day Surgery Full Time Days
- Crew Member
- Maintenance Tech (1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available)
- Communication Designer - Instagram
- International Trade Coordinator
- Laborer - Overtime, Commission and Bonuses
- Tennis Instructor
- Participant Support (Part-Time)
- Registered Nurse
- Warehouse Operative - Nights (10pm-7am) - Northampton
- Unit Sec/Northeast Campus Freestanding ER
- State Inspector/Automotive Technician - Chili
- Brand Associate
- Animal Keeper
- Sales Representative
- Respiratory Occupational Therapist
- Proactive Intelligence Officer - South West and Wales
- Shop Supervisor - Union St, Stroud
- Inside Sales Representative (7222)
- Senior Support Worker, Drop In Service, Torfaen
- Horizontal Directional Drill Locator
- Warehouse Wortker
- Physiotherapist (Rotational)
- Medical Records/Central Supply
- Experienced and Flexible Van Drivers - Must have own transport
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
- Housekeeping Associate (Weekends)
- Kitchen Crew
- MultiModality Technician FT Rotating at Total Care West The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus El Paso TX
- Grocery/ Supermarket General Store Manager
- 238375 - Medical Physicist - Radiation/Oncology
- Territory Sales Manager (Commercial Roofing)
- OFFICE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR for HOME CARE AGENCY
- Community Support Supervisor-Far Rockaway
- HGV Driver
- PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 40 HOUR / DAY / ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY / BWH MAIN CAMPUS
- Customer Care Agent
- Clinical Engineer Tech
- Veterinary Scribe- Now Hiring! Kick Start Your Veterinarian Career!
- Kitchen Porter (Hollow Bottom, Guiting Power)
- Lab Research Associate I - Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Correctional Security Officer III (Mack Alford Correctional Center, Stringtown)
- Lawn care worker
- Administration/Personal Assistant
- Candy Factory Worker
- Food Service Assistant 1
- Bus Driver
- Health Care Assistant
- Stock Associate, J.Crew Retail, Valley Fair
- Amazon Warehouse Assistant (Early Morning Shifts Available) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Administration Assistant
- Early Years Practitioner
- Part Time Teacher
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Staff Midwife
- Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
- RN Supervisor
- Sales Person
- Commercial Property Paralegal
- Material Handler
- Customer Service Representative - Beef Sales
- Housing Needs Assistant
- Trust Doctor (F2/StR1 level) in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Community Care Assistant - DRIVER
- Product Manager
- Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR
- Deputy Manager - Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport, PR8
- 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Teaching)
- Game Engineer - C#/Unity
- HGV Driver / Valeter- Edinburgh
- Business Development Manager
- Data Entry Clerk (Night Shift 7 on 7 off)
- RCP II
- Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
- Structural Steel Inspector
- Immediate Start Builders Cleaner
- Residential Home Cleaner
- Pest Control Technician
- Restaurant Server
- General Labourer
- Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
- Steel CAD Designer (FT)
- Domestic Cleaner/Housekeeper Part-Time
- Nursery Deputy Manager
- Night Shift Maintenance Fitter
- Lush Bromley Manager
- MSW Intern
- Sales Assistant
- Deli Associate
- Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
- Health Care Assistant (care home)
- Building Service Engineer
- Community Specialist Dietitian
- Community Care Worker STAFFORD
- Distribution Center Loss Prevention Specialist-Ontario, CA
- Registered General Nurse
- MMG Clinic LPN