LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Applying logistics planning and management experience, plans, develops, and implements logistics requirements and major aspects of ANG portions of domestic response and overseas contingency plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise for technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on a wide range of logistics requirements and management issues.
- Develops and manages logistics capability requirements for the domestic response and war fighting major weapons systems, ensuring the ANG forces remain relevant, reliable, and possess parallel and equivalent capabilities to the active duty forces.
- Interprets Air Force acquisition, logistics, and program management directives. Stays abreast of regulations, policies, and procedures through NGB A4.
- Prepares and presents high level briefings of conclusions; many being highly subjective and not readily susceptible to verification until actual operational situations are encountered.
- Maintains a continuous liaison with other government agencies, Air Staff organizations, other service HQ counterparts, and DOD offices to integrate Air National Guard domestic response modernization programs with other government/defense agencies.
Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Recruitment incentives may/may not be authorized
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Demand Reduction Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by (Cont.)
- employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety. Category II/Type 5 (Code "O")
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Employee may be required to work overtime. Position may perform other related duties as assigned
- This position is Centrally Managed by the Logistics Career Field, PCS cost will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Logistics Management Series, 0346.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes using the knowledge of concepts, principles, procedures, regulations, laws, and instructions applicable to the Logistics; providing technical assistance to supervisor regarding duties; and preparing programs, policies, and activities regarding logistics. Experience may include Mastery of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of major aspects of ANG domestic response level plans and procedures such as natural disasters, CBRN, exercise, deployment, and similar operations; and to evaluate other government agencies, MAJCOM and Air Staff responses to plans and studies. Knowledge of ANG and National Guard program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as related to actual events. Knowledge of the relationship of the various Air Force, DoD, and domestic agencies involved in overall planning and execution of domestic operations as well as acquisition, fielding, and sustainment of equipment and domestic operations systems.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of acquisition, requirements development, and equipment modifications methods for the assessment and modernization of equipment used for conducting domestic operations such as Chemical, Biological, Radiation, and Nuclear (CBRN) and Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) events, natural disasters, defense of the homeland, and State-level and below responses.
2. Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition System (DAS), Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) processes.
3. Knowledge of ANG modernization program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as relate to actual events.
4. Knowledge of the relationship of the various Air Force and domestic agency entities involved in overall planning and execution of military operations and domestic response.
5. Knowledge of and skill in the application of logistics management expertise as it applies to assigned programs.
6. Ability to negotiate complex issues and maintain good working relations
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old)
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: MSP applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (includes current Air Force employees): You must submit a legible copy of a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. The SF-50, block 24 must contain "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a "1". Employees eligible under an OPM approved interchange agreement, block 34 may contain a "1" or "2".
- Promotion Consideration: If you wish to be considered as a promotion candidate and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one-year time-in-grade requirements. You will need to provide additional SF-50s which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-Grade, Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian employees - List any awards received within the last 3 years on the resume.
Note: Applicant must not submit award SF50s-Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50s).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Click on "" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Programs Division Chief as an analyst and requirements manager at the Air Staff level, and to provide logistics requirements and management expertise for all programs equipping the ANG domestic response and overseas forces.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Clarification from the agency
Eligible NAF employees are considered under Hiring Path - "Federal employees-Excepted service"
- Account Manager
- Timber Labourer
- Footwear Retail Sales Associate
- Customer Support Associate
- Part-Time Merchandiser (Walmart Account; Thurs – Sun; $14 - $16)
- Recovery Support Aide (RSA)
- Restaurant Team Member
- Interim Project Manager
- General Service Technician
- Hair Stylist
- Medical Assistant | Cardiothoracic Surgery | Elkhart, Indiana
- Chemical Operator
- Customer Service Specialist
- Client Relationship Manager
- Front Desk Staff
- Project Manager
- Customer Service (CSM) 20hrs
- Defence Digital Application Service Development Team - IT Service Manager
- Cashier (Good4u Customer Care)
- Customer Service Support Specialist
- Insurance and Financial Services Position - State Farm Agent Team Member
- VP Growth Solutions
- Post Completions Assistant
- IT Business Partner, Commercial & Global Programme Management
- Clinical Applications Specialist (6922)
- Forklift Operator
- Patient Placement Specialist PRN Days
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (1125 - Ardmore Main Line)
- Specialist Administrator
- Investment Risk Analyst
- Patient Service Representative PRN
- Web Developer
- Social Worker
- Food Server
- Mobile Security Office - Birmingham
- Shuttering Carpenter
- Dog Groomer
- Sales Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Retail Sales Associate (Full-Time)
- Fitness Advisor
- Qualified Dental Nurse
- Assistant Manager
- Software/Data Engineer (KMi)
- Data Analytics Statistician/Researcher
- CUSTOMER HOST SUPERVISOR (16 HOURS)
- Kohl's - Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
- Retail Sales Associate - Part-Time
- Production Employee - Soil Receiving, Truck Unloading
- Laboratory Technician
- Bancorp Collateral Control Specialist II
- Shift Leader
- Relief Security Officer
- Associate Linguist
- Contact Lens Optician - Sittingbourne
- Medical Laboratory Technician (FT)
- Operations Assistant
- Parcel Sorter
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Production Employee - Stockroom & Inventory Control
- ABA Therapists Needed - Experience Preferred!
- Front of house - Bar & Waiting staff
- Information Technology Internal Auditor
- Business Banking Representative
- Sales Ledger Account Manager and Accountancy Assistant
- San Marcos-General Manager-Hiring Now-Jack in the Box
- Administrative Assistant
- Part-time Sales Associate
- Deputy Jailer- Richmond County Sheriff's Office
- Customer Emergency Dispatcher
- Nursery Cook
- Care Team Leader - Lifeways - Supported Living - SR5
- Plumber Apprentice, Plumber
- Delivery Driver
- To Go
- Assistant Manager
- Support Worker
- Visual Associate, J.Crew Factory, Bergen Town Center Womens
- Audit Staff 2
- Graphic Designer
- Senior University Talent Acquisition Manager, North America
- Night Support Worker - St Johns House
- Business Office Manager (BOM)
- Qualified Electrician
- Facilities Assistant 10352527
- Customer Service Associate
- Sales and Service Advisor - PT & FT Positions
- Team Member
- Business Strategy Optimization Analyst
- Practice Secretarial Associate -
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA115907
- Part-Time Overnight Security Officer
- Clinical Psychologist
- Registered Nurse Rapid City Hospital Float Pool Full Time
- Direct Support Professional
- To Go
- Heavy Duty Truck & Trailer Mechanic
- Operating Room RN
- Carer/Support Worker - Driving Licence Required
- Year 1 Class Teacher
- General Laborer
- Physical Therapist- School Based Job ID: TA116358
- Patient Care Technician-Blank 4 Pedatric Oncology-BCH
- Community Teacher (Pre-K School Teacher)
- Lab Systems Administrator
- MIU Healthcare Assistant
- IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK)
- Mess Accountant
- LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Restaurant Shift Leader
- Customer Service Lead/Keyholder - Hastings Ranch Plaza - Carter's
- Retail Sales Consultant
- Asset Manager
- Team member
- Home Inspector
- Behavioral Health Technician II
- Assistant Manager-Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Operating Room RN
- Retail Driver - East Ham
- Social Services Coordinator
- Delivery Driver
- Operations Manager
- Psychologist- School Based Job ID: TA115903
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Financial Director
- Personal Care Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Store Manager
- TEACHER OF TECHNOLOGY (MPS) – (one-year fixed term to meet the needs of the curriculum)
- Activities and Lifestyle Facilitator
- General Manager
- Registered Nurse Dialysis Unit PRN Days
- FTTP FIBRE ENGINEER
- Contact Center Project Analyst
- Qualified Dental Nurse
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Manager