Warehouse Operative - Mid Shift
About the Role
Would you like to spend your weekends enjoying the things you love in life or with your friends and family? Does a Monday to Friday job sound like something you would like? If this sounds good to you, please read on!
Warehouse Operatives in our depots are a key part of the Tuffnells teams and play a huge part in our growth and success. This role is supporting a busy warehouse team always putting our customers at the heart of what we do when moving their freight within our business.
This role is working 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday 16.00pm - 20.00pm
If you are looking for flexibility in your working days or hours, then feel free to discuss this as part of the interview process as we always look to accommodate needs of our team to suit their work life balance.
As a Warehouse Operative, you will play a significant part in the transportation of our customer's orders. Your day will involve working with a brilliant team, the unloading of vehicles, containers and trailers, checking and re-loading vehicles within the warehouse and ensuring the timely dispatch of vehicles so that customers' orders can be fulfilled on time in full.
You will need to
- Be motivated and passionate about delivering great customer service
- Be friendly, hard working and want to get things done
- Demonstrate basic level Maths and English with an ability to understand basic English instruction
- Have a basic awareness of Health and Safety
- Be able to work as an individual and as a team player
- Be physically fit due to elements of heavy lifting within the role
What's in it for you?
- Monday to Friday Working Hours
- Weekly pay
- Overtime available
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - refer someone to work here and you could each receive a £500 bonus
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to MyRewards - Tuffnells Reward and Recognition platform, including discounts at hundreds of retailers
- 20 days annual leave (rising with length of service) + 8 days Public Holidays
- Full Uniform & PPE provided
- 4% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
We are the number one next-day carrier of irregular-sized parcels and freight.
A ‘People First' business, with an open and inclusive culture, we operate a friendly business, full of passionate, enthusiastic, and dedicated people who are proud to wear the Tuffnells badge.
We are proud of our company values and always look to take PRIDE in what we do – People, Respect, Integrity, Deliver, Excellence.
Please note: To apply for our Warehouse Operative roles you must be at least 18 years of age.