Clinic Technician - Full Time, Days
Demonstrates through behavior HealthGroup of Alabama’s mission, vision and values as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
1. Ensures optimum customer service is always provided with courtesy, proper attitude, professionalism, patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. Interprets and executes physician orders. Transmitting all vital information pertaining to patients to the responsible physician.
3. Performs the following tests according to procedure:
c. Vision (machine and chart)
f. Glucose testing
g. Evidential Breath Testing
4 Assists in minor surgical procedures.
5. Performs venipuncture and collaborates with laboratory services to facilitate accurate and timely processing of all tests.
6. Collects and handles urine specimens for drug screens and strictly follows all protocols for collection and processing of specimens.
7. Functions as Medical Assistant, receives patients, determines history and checks vital signs with accuracy.
8. Seeks to continually improve the quality of nursing care delivered by OHG by:
a. Continuous self-evaluation of the effectiveness of patient care.
b. Observing, assisting, or directing patient care given by other personnel as needed.
c. Collaborating with supervisor and other staff members in evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care.
d. Makes suggestions and shares knowledge to improve working conditions and patient care.
9. Complies with all established HGA and OHG policies and procedures.
10. All employees should regard coming to work on time, working their shift as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time as an essential function of their job.
1 Assists in the care and maintenance of departmental equipment, supplies and office facility.
2 Assists other staff members in promptly providing services to patients and employees (cross -training, team work, etc.).
3 Assists in identification and resolution of client problems and concerns.
4 Exercise cost containment in use of supplies and other departmental resources.
5 Demonstrate the highest degree of dependability and integrity.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
- BCLS certification
- Current valid Alabama driver’s license required.
- Audiogram testing
- Pulmonary function testing
- Evidential breath testing certification
- Ability and willingness to work with all patients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drug Screen: (hair and urine certification)
- Eye Exams