Innovate. Imagine. View.
What We Do:
View Homes, a leader and innovator in Home Building in Colorado Springs is searching for two Purchasing Coordinators to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for generating purchase orders in addition to researching, verifying, and amending invoices received from the Accounting Department. They will also be responsible for researching and responding to all inquiries from site agents, trades, employees, and suppliers.
- It is imperative that the Purchasing Coordinator maintain a mindset of continual improvement and work diligently to foster a culture of continual improvement within the team, department, and the company.
- Create assembly budget, to include all change orders and site-specific assembly as needed.
- Issue budgets to accounting department; create POs, issue to accounting department and issue POs to Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Create POs for all costs over/under variances as needed for budget tracking.
- Monitor variances and bring to the attention of the Purchasing Manager as needed, regarding issues with variances and/or Change Order issues.
- Ensure that all Change Orders, Incentives and/or Custom Change orders are processed through appropriate software and distributed to appropriate Suppliers, Sub-Contractors, and internal customers.
- Check all jobs prior to distribution to Production Department for weekly disbursement, including accuracy of plot plans, job inspection reports, and change orders.
- Process weekly payroll to ensure that trades are paid correctly, and that payments are processed within the budgeted amount. Alert Production manager or project managers of any issues that need to be addressed for proper payment.
- Review each job setup current software ensuring legal description is correct from Accounting Department and guaranteeing that information matches plot plan descriptions.
- Process Quarterly Rebates.
- Ensure that all vendor files are complete and accurate, including, COI, W-9 etc.
- Ensure that all POs are reviewed and reconciled at closing.
- Maintain proper files for accounting of change orders and incentives on each home.
- Other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager, Director of Purchasing or VP of Operations.
- Ensure you present yourself in a professional manner, while maintaining an insightful and enthusiastic team focused environment.
- Maintain positive communication channels to help the flow of information from department to department.
- Participate in training when needed. This includes learning product knowledge, procedural proficiencies, and computer software.
- Adhere to departmental operating guidelines and View Homes’ Employee Manual.
- Foster, encourage, and reward a fun, positive, successful values-based culture!
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 1-year experience in purchasing or equivalent in residential construction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- EEO/OSHA/ADA: Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Able to navigate two flights of stairs without harm. Able to lift to 50 pounds unaided. Able to manipulate and be proficient with PCs, and Windows applications; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., associated with contemporary computers. Able and willing to travel locally, as needed. Maintain a valid Driver’s License.
What You'll Get
- Top-Tier Benefits.
- Competitive compensation.
- The best work environment and team members in Colorado Springs!
- View Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Colorado Springs, CO 80921: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location