Job Title: Maintenance Assistant Department: Maintenance
Work Site: Climate controlled warehouse with concrete floor Job Code: Heavy
I. Job Summary
Provides janitorial services and general maintenance of warehouse and grounds.
II. Identification of Job Functions
Essential Functions and Tasks:
Cleans warehouse floors, offices, break room, and restrooms by operating self-propelled floor scrubbing
1) machinery, and by sweeping, mopping, spraying, and wiping. Follows departmental procedures and standards for cleanliness and performance of duties. Restocks supplies. 70%
Empties trash from designated areas throughout the warehouse. Operates garbage compactor and
2) cardboard baler. 3%
3) Checks daily schedule for assigned routine tasks and maintenance repair jobs. 1%
Follows safety and security procedures, such as tagging and locking off power access when working on
4) electrical equipment or contracting out electrical work, wearing safety goggles when using compactor and baler, product disposal. Responds quickly to clean up spills. 3%
Paints, replaces bulbs, maintains equipment, and performs routine repairs throughout warehouse.
Assists in building displays and fixtures. 15%
Maintains grounds outside warehouse including blowing leaves, picking up litter, roof checks, pressure
6) washing, and building maintenance. Participates in snow and ice removal. 3%
7) Drives personal vehicle to purchase supplies and parts needed for projects. 1%
8) Provides prompt and courteous member service.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
1) Assists with front end duties as necessary.
2) Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
III. Qualification Standards
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Driver’s License required.
Experience: Janitorial experience preferred.
IV. Operation of Vehicles, Equipment, or Machinery
During Essential Functions During Non-Essential Functions
Hand tools, pressure washer, floor scrubber Flatbeds, carts
Leaf blower, private vehicle, power tools
Snow cat, cardboard baler, trash compactor
Machinery throughout the warehouse
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Only full-time employees eligible