Microsoft Windows System Administrator IRES - SSFB
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for any/all positions that will require travel.
Full vaccination (against COVID-19) is defined as: an individual must be either two weeks past the last shot of a two-shot vaccination sequence, or two weeks past the only shot of a one-shot vaccination sequence.
Description of Duties:
The Microsoft Windows System Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Perform daily/weekly system health (battle-rhythm) checks on the FILAN (Facilities Infrastructure Local Area Network) Windows and network infrastructure to ensure normal maintenance functions are performing properly.
- View and respond (as appropriate) to events reflected in the various management and server patch management tools.
- Attend various meetings (crew/team, staff, change, configuration, etc.)
- Participate in forward thinking activities and automating as much as feasible.
- Perform administration of Microsoft servers, workstations and network infrastructure including troubleshooting, break fix activities, the patching and remediation of servers, workstations and network devices, and system audit log reviews as required.
- Coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure, troubleshooting any system errors or user issues, tracking resource utilization and performance of systems, and performing modifications and upgrades as needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the capacity to work with little supervision
- Have the willingness to learn new technologies
- Have a strong commitment to a team environment
- Be able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Have strong communication skills
This position can be filled at Schriever SFB, Colorado Springs, CO
This position is expected to pay $92,000 - $102,000 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of our teammate companies.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
#cjpostHere’s What You’ll Need:
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 8 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 6 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 4 years of general experience; Master's degree and 2 years of general experience
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 4 years of experience in designing, integrating, or managing complex infrastructure solutions (e.g. VMware, Citrix, LAN/WAN design)
- Must have experience as a Windows systems engineer/administrator supporting a large enterprise with knowledge of Active Directory, Window Server 2012R2/2016 and WSUS/SCCM Patch Management
- Must have general networking experience to include switching and routing
- Must have a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification or higher
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have a current Microsoft (MCSE, etc.) and/or other CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+, etc) certification
- Have experience supporting IT systems in a SCADA environment
- Have experience using Remedy software preferred
- Have experience supporting a DoD customer