To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT project management and strategy development.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in project management roles including the use of traditional or agile methodologies to deliver Technology solutions including the following areas:
- Project Management tools such as HP PPM, MS TFS, Rally, MS Project, etc.;
- Project Financial Management using tools such as HPP PPM, Excel, etc. to monitor Budget, Actuals, ETC, EAC and related variances;
- Technology solution delivery for small-to-medium projects/programs through the complete software or system development life cycle (analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation and warranty); and
- Vendor management (onshore and offshore) including contractual stipulations and obligations established in Service Level Agreements and risk management/escalation.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in delivering technology projects including the following areas:
- Managing small-to-medium software development or infrastructure projects and working in large program environments;
- Collaboratively working with all team and vendor project resources on small-to-medium size projects;
- Managing all SOW deliverables and reporting project costs and forecasts on a regularly scheduled basis to project leadership and making recommendations to improve project effectiveness;
- Managing internal and external project resources considering quality/acceptance of SOW deliverables internally and externally;
- Collaboratively managing Sponsor/customer expectations and interacting with sponsor on a regular basis as it relates to software and IT infrastructure implementations;
- Creating and maintaining integrated project plans based on information from the vendor and PwC task information. Incorporates updates and changes to the integrated project plan and prepares reports and presentations for executive levels;
- Applying knowledge of the Firm to the Project Management activities to comply with Firm policies and standards;
- Applying project management and agile knowledge to identify, escalate, and remove team impediments that jeopardize success; and,
- Influencing project team members to identify and address project issues, including leadership and interdependent teams, and to promote self-directed teams.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoproductstechmanager.