Assistant Store Manager
Our added benefits for joining The Fresh Market team
Team Member discount of 30%
- Early Earn Wage Access (You can access up to 50% (max $500) of your earned wages on-demand per pay period)
- 401K contribution and company match
- Financial Wellness Program
- Personal time off and additional time off purchase plans are available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance for individual, spouse, partner, and family
- Discounts on pet insurance, daycare, event tickets, and many more.
About the Position::
- With the Store Manager, you are a store ambassador and leading example of exemplary hospitality to our guests and team members; educating team members and guests on products and services to provide meal solutions
- Create and manage team schedules with the store manager, aligning with guest shopping hours to ensure guests receive an excellent shopping experience
- Assist in analyzing sales reports, P&L reports, and other metrics to make and execute business decisions and design plans that drive business success
- Assist in forecasting and maintaining store teams by collaborating with Store Manager and Talent Acquisition in the sourcing, selecting, and hiring of new team members
- Assist the store manager in partnering with the Guest Services Manager provide team members a hospitable orientation and onboarding experience team members
- Assist with the training of the team through The Fresh Market Academy and “on-the-job” training to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Coach team members to optimize operations and further team development and increase retention
- Assist in managing the store, inventories and teams for effective minimization of product loss
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh Market standards and policies
- Manage the store’s social media presence, following The Fresh Market guides and standards
- Partner with store and department managers to enhance teamwork and team engagement
- With store manager, ensure department adherence to all safety requirements and protocols including food safety per TFM policies, and per law.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 5-7 years of retail experience and at least years in a leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proven oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with team members, management, and guests
- Ability to read, understand and follow planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department for merchandising
- Ability to read, understand, and follow policies and procedures
- Perishable, Hospitality and/or Grocery Retail experience
- Production Planning Software experience
- Experience in Applicant Tracking Software (iCIMS preferred)
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on feet and stand or walk without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Required to wear approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer::
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.