AIRFIELD MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Conducts Airfield Management activities in support of flying missions, ensuring that airfield management services provided complies with legal and regulatory requirement and customer needs.
- Establishes performance standards, procedures, and work priorities for Airfield Management Operations. Ensure a current and accurate crash grid map is available in the primary and alternate Airfield Management Operations locations.
- Plans and develops the Airfield Management Training Program to ensure assigned personnel are qualified for position and ensure proficient to support the base flying missions in both peacetime operations and wartime readiness.
- Represents Airfield Management with a variety of installation and functional area organizations. Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with control tower operations and Federal Aviation Administration personnel.
Job family (Series)
2150 Transportation Operations
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- PCS expenses WILL NOT be authorized and will NOT be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively inspect the airfield environment for safety and compliance with established Air Force, Federal Aviation Administration, International Civil
- (cont'd) Aviation Organization or North Atlantic Treaty Organization airfield planning and design criteria.
- This position is designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program.
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- May be required to participate in Operational Readiness Exercises and Major Accident Response Exercises. Work requires incumbent to go outside in all types of weather conditions to inspect the airfield.
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- The ability to use wildlife control devices, including firearms, as well as any other necessary equipment.
- Must be able to complete and maintain certification to operate a vehicle on the airfield, to include meeting all color vision testing requirements, in order to operate a vehicle in the Controlled Movement Area.
- This is a KEY position that will require removal from military recall status if applicable.
- Must have or have had at least 3 years experience in Airfield Management (1 of the 3 years must be working in an Airfield Management facility at the 1C771 level). Trained, certified and maintain proficiency on all subject matter required
- (cont'd) for training. Completion of the Advanced Airfield Manager Course E3AZR1C791 00RC is highly recommended.
- Must have or had experience with the Electronic Air Force Training Records system to effectively develop, administer and manage the Airfield Management training program.
- Must have or have possessed United States Air Force Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge, Airfield Management Operations certification or have civilian equivalent education (Federal Aviation Administration or American Association of Airport
- (cont'd) Executives) and supervisory experience executing Airfield Management duties that correlate to tasks in the Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge, Airfield Management Operations
- (cont'd) and Training Performance Certification Guide and duties described in AFI 13-204v3.
QualificationsIn order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and management Positions Series, 2150
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes thorough knowledge of a wide range of federal and agency airfield management and flight planning principles, practices, procedures, and regulations applicable to airfield management responsibilities on a military installation and the relationship of these activities to the air traffic system. Practical knowledge of established airfield management operations, practices, and policies to plan and develop a training program to administer and oversee training requirements of Airfield Management staff. Knowledge of current Air Force, Major Command, and local training instructions and demonstrated ability to apply effective training techniques. Knowledge of safety and airfield operations regulations, practices, and procedures. Requires a thorough knowledge of United States Air Force and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and instructions pertaining to airfield maintenance and equipment ground handling facilities.
EDUCATION: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related, and my area of major study was in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation, or other fields related to the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may e used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-10 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of DoD, Air Force, Federal Aviation Administration and International Civil Aviation rules, laws, regulations, instructions and directives as they pertain to airfield planning/design criteria, airfield lighting systems and aircraft/airfield management operations.
2. Broad knowledge of safety and security regulations, instructions, practices and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize and direct a training program.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to identify, analyze and translate complex information, make appropriate judgments and evaluate options concerning Airfield Management operations training programs.
6. Ability to act decisively in emergency situations.
7. Knowledge of education theories, principals, procedures, and practices and training programs.
8. Ability to interpret training directives, instructions, and guidance.
9. Ability to establish performance standards, procedures, and work priorities.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old)
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: MSP applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (includes current Air Force employees): You must submit a legible copy of a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. The SF-50, block 24 must contain "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a "1". Employees eligible under an OPM approved interchange agreement, block 34 may contain a "1" or "2".
- Promotion Consideration: If you wish to be considered as a promotion candidate and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one-year time-in-grade requirements. You will need to provide additional SF-50s which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-Grade, Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian employees - List any awards received within the last 3 years on the resume.
Note: Applicant must not submit award SF50s-Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50s).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Click on "" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Lead Airfield Management Specialist, Airfield Management Operation/Training Program Manager. Responsible for ensuring airfield operations and functions effectively support the base and transient flying missions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Clarification from the agency
Eligible NAF employees are considered under Hiring Path - "Federal employees-Excepted service"
- Housekeeper-Nassau,Long Island
- CDL A Truck Driver Needed!
- Assistant Club Manager – Gym Relaunch
- Exterior Cleaning Specialist - Wheelie Bin Cleaner
- Communications Engineer
- Senior Firmware Engineer
- Child Placing Agency Administrator
- Experienced Bartender
- Care Manager II (RN) - North Cameron County
- Carside/To Go
- Mortgage Loan Originator
- Crew Member
- Cleaner (nightshift)
- Customer Service Representative
- Assistant Manager
- Reimbursement Nurse Specialist
- Delivery Driver
- Delivery Driver
- I-9 Authorized Representative
- Data Analytics Specialist
- Lifeguard Instructor
- Manager III (Children, Youth, and Family Services, Linkages to Learning), Grade M3
- Graduate Sales Representative UK EMEA
- Landscape/Irrigation Crew
- Customer Service Representative
- Sales Support Manager
- HGV Driver/Removals - Class 2
- Office Associate
- Class 1 HGV Driver - Days/Nights/Afternoons
- Assistant Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Fantasy Football Writer and Analyst
- CLASS 1 HGV DRIVER - DAYS/NIGHTS
- Office Manager
- Commercial Construction Project Engineer
- Head Guards
- Woodwind Instructor
- HMS Picker
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst- BCBA/BCaBA- Great Pay!
- Preceptor or Specialist Clinical Psychologist Band 7/8a
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Healthcare Assistant
- Commercial Property Solicitor
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Intern)
- Branch Manager/Sales and Operations (Construction Supply)
- Clinical Counsellor
- Enquire to see if there is a vacancy
- SF0520TH - Befriender/Carer
- Receptionist/Accounting Clerk
- Community Outreach Educator, Full Time, Twin Falls, ID
- Key Support Worker
- Portuguese speaking Nanny in Westminster
- General Foreman- Non Energized Electrical Work
- Server I-80 Truck Stop Cafe - PT
- Community Support Worker
- EMEA Senior Risk Manager, Corporate Staff and Representative Office (Principal, Enterprise Risk)
- Mental Health Coordinator - Full Time
- Interim Prevention Manager - London
- Information Support Analyst
- Ward Administrator
- Live in or live out Nanny
- Social Worker
- Cabinet Maker/Joiner
- SIPS/ Timber Frame Material Take Off
- Area Cleaning Supervisor
- Physiotherapist- Band 6
- Night Operations Manager
- Internship - Corporate Messaging
- Vice President - Charles River Investment Compliance
- Museum Curator
- Home Carer
- Low Voltage Installer
- Education Specialist
- Warehouse Operative
- Community Care Worker
- ECT DM; CSR; PLANNER
- Guest Advisor LOD
- Nursery Practitioner
- Principal Maxillofacial Prosthetist / Reconstructive Scientist- Band 8a
- Highly Specialised Physiotherapist - STAR Team
- Bank Care Assistant
- Hygiene Operative
- Commissioner (Adults)
- Line Cook
- Nurse Manager Bank
- Legal Cost Analyst
- Support Worker - L/D New
- Maintenance Manager - Hands on
- Community Manager/Night Manager
- Engineering Technician 5
- Lawn Maintenance
- Registered Nurse
- Construction Crew Leader
- Financial Analyst
- Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD)
- Chief People Officer
- Behavior Technician - Milford
- Journeyman Technician Level V
- Career Pathways & Transition Coordinator
- Medical Personnel Scheduler needed to join our Amazing team
- NHS 111 Paediatric Clinical Advisor (Telephone Advice Nurse/Paramedic)
- FIRE & BUILDING CODE INSPEC 1* -04292020-8896
- Field Operations Support Assistant
- Merchandising Service Associate- PT & FT
- Production Manager
- Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN
- Long-Hour Shifts Available Immediately
- Planning Consultant
- Senior Care Assistant Bank
- General Engineer/Physical Scientist
- District Sales Manager
- Quality Controller - Chemist - Commercial Laundry
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Specialist Registrar Oncology Medicine
- Office Manager Orthodontics
- Mgr, Clinical & Bus Insight
- Pharmacist Manager
- Fish and chip shop assistant
- Temporary Sales Associate, Retail
- Patient Access Representative
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- DIO – iHub Information Manager
- Staff Nurse
- Assistant Manager (Part-Time), J.Crew Retail, Arden Fair
- Public Adjuster Apprentice
- Amazon In-Store Shopper (Immediate Opening) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Housekeeper, Cleaning Specialist- 1st shift
- Senior Test Analyst
- Support Worker - Swansea Shoreline
- AMHP Social Worker NEEDED
- Field Service Technician
- Pharmacist (Online Hub)