Network Engineer IRES - SSFB
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for any/all positions that will require travel.
Full vaccination (against COVID-19) is defined as: an individual must be either two weeks past the last shot of a two-shot vaccination sequence, or two weeks past the only shot of a one-shot vaccination sequence.
Description of Duties:
The Network Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Work in close coordination with project managers, and other service area representatives to coordinate network design and implementation efforts.
- Review documentation to ensure engineering quality, and maintain responsibility for projects and tasks assigned to the team.
- Recommended expertise to include Cisco, Palo Alto, and KG-175 Taclane.
- Have primary duties that include the review of the design, configuration, installation, and test of IT network and boundary protection devices and systems.
- Be responsible for daily hands-on operating and maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, restoral and testing of C2BMC networks.
- Perform site surveys, supporting development of technical solutions.
- Configure, install, test, and sustain IT network and boundary protection devices and systems.
- Perform data collection and validation of network services and devices.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated team building, leadership, mentoring, or instructing skills.
- Be able to perform technical validation of network designs in accordance with industry best practices and DoD policies and guidelines.
This position can be filled at Schriever SFB, Colorado Springs, CO
This position is expected to pay $127,500 - $137,500 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of our teammate companies.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
#cjpostHere’s What You’ll Need:
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 12 years of general experience; Master's degree and 10 years of general experience.
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 8 years of experience in Directory Services (e.g. Windows 2000+ AD, LDAP, DHCP); Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, Windows, MS Exchange); Internet Protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL); Firewall configuration and troubleshooting; Multiple network types (i.e. LAN, WAN, VxLAN, SDN); and/or managing Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Telecommunications infrastructures
- Must be familiar with IP addressing, subnetting, and DNS
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE, CySA, etc.) or higher
- Must have, or obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have experience with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) mission and MDA systems and networks
- Have experience with Cisco or Juniper routers, switches, firewalls, OSPF, network address translation, SNMP, Syslog, VRF, PIM, multicast, Type I encryption devices and network timing systems
- Have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA) certification
- Have experience with network monitoring
- Have experience with SolarWinds Orion network management software suite
- Have experience with VMware virtual computing
- Have experience with Microsoft Visio diagramming
- Have an understanding of various development life cycles such as the Systems Engineering life cycle, ITIL, etc.