IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Analysts, Information Security
- Analysts, Information Systems
- Data Analyst
- Directors, Information Technology Systems
- Directors, Management Information Systems
- Information Security Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
- You must submit ALL required documents and a completed questionnaire.
- Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service system, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/.
QualificationsTo qualify for this position, you must meet the (1) Minimum Qualification Requirements AND (2) Specialized Experience for the grade to which you are applying.
(1) Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements described below:
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate:Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.(2) Specialized Experience:Must meet all.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience is defined as demonstrated experience: 1) at least 3 years leading the development of business systems by analyzing customer business needs and data requirements; 2) designing, developing and implementing IT business application changes; and 3) developing systems using Offshore Oil, Gas Industry, Exploration and Production Data.
Note:At the GS-13 level you maynotsubstitute education for experience.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualification Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions and is available at OPM's website: https://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants who include vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate language or information in their application package will be ineligible for further consideration for this position.
Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for and performance of higher-level duties.
The application contains information subject to the Privacy Act (P.L. 93-579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
Important Note: All Department of the Interior (DOI) employees are subject to the conflict of interest restrictions imposed upon all employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Report. In addition, DOI employees, GS-15 and above, who work in the Office of the Secretary; along with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) employees (at ALL grade levels), are further restricted concerning their interests in Federal lands and resources administered or controlled by the Department of the Interior. This includes holding stock in energy corporations which lease Federal lands (e.g.: oil, gas, coal, alternative energy resources, etc.). If you have any such investments you should contact the DOI, BOEM or BSEE Ethics Office before accepting employment. DOI employees are held to the highest level of integrity. Employees must be objective and impartial in the performance of their work. All potential issues (e.g.: work-related interactions with friends, family members, or previous employers) must be disclosed at the time of application or during the interview process.
NOTICE: This employer participates in E-Verify and will utilize your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work with the U.S. Department of the Interior. The preliminary background check consists of a search of Office of Personnel Management and Department of Defense background investigation files and an FBI National Criminal History Fingerprint Check; it may take up to 3 weeks to complete. If selected for this position, you will be extended a tentative offer of employment pending a satisfactory background check. Current Federal employees or individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check; these will be handled on a case-by-case basis in coordination with the Bureau security office.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume, supporting documentation and responses to the online questionnaire will be made. Your responses to the online assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for this position. You are being evaluated under the Category Rating method, which means, if you are determined to be qualified you will be placed in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "Platinum", "Gold", and "Silver". However, your resume must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "Platinum" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview. Veterans' preference rules for category rating will be applied.
Your answers to the on-line assessment will be used to evaluate your competencies in the following areas:
- Technology Awareness- Knowledge of IT system design concepts and principles to develop and meet organizational requirements.
- Analytical - Ability to analyze varied and unusual system requirements to determine feasible approaches to automation and make recommendations concerning hardware and software usage and system planning.
- Oral Communication- Skill in communicating effectively to promote, represent and coordinate technology developments with senior level management, and key officials. Also used to make organized and persuasive presentations.
To preview the assessment questionnaire click: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10858849
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
Your resume must contain information sufficient to make a valid determination that you fully meet the specialized experience requirements as stated in this vacancy announcement and OPM qualification standards for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. It is strongly recommended that you use the USAJobs Resume Builder as it was designed to ensure that your resume includes the standard information needed. The Resume Builder is available at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/How_to_create_your_resume
Your application package must include: (1) Resume showing relevant experience as written in your own words; (2) Completed online Assessment Questionnaire; (3) College transcript (if applicable) for verification of qualifying education. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; (4) Certificates, license, etc. (if applicable); (5) Form DD-214 OR VA letter and Standard Form 15.
NOTE: Applicants claiming veterans preference (TP, CP, CPS) must submit a copy of your DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," (Member 4 copy is preferred), showing the dates of active duty, type of discharge, and character of service (must be honorable); OR acceptable proof of verification of your preference (i.e., official document, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that the veterans total combined serviced-connected disability rating is 10% or more).
You will find additional information on the following topics: (1) e-Verify; (2) Selective Service; (3) CTAP/ICTAP; (4) Education - accreditation; (5) Foreign education; (6) Veterans preference; (7) Special appointing authority documentation; and more can be found on our web site: https://www.bsee.gov/careers/usajobs-assistance OR http://www.boem.gov/USAJobs-Assistance/.
If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, you must submit proof by the closing date of the announcement that you meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP or you will not receive priority consideration. The proof includes a copy of the agency notice, your most recent Performance Rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty station. To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, you must earn a minimum score of 85 or above (prior to the assignment of veteran's preference) on the rating criteria for this position.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The Bureau of Safety & Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) works to promote safety, protect the environment, and conserve resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. For information about our bureau go to: http://www.bsee.gov/
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, Office of the Associate Director for Administration, Technology Services Division, Business Systems Branch, in Jefferson, LA.
The position is responsible for the design and development of large-scale agency-wide integrated IT solutions capable of providing interactive support to each Region and Headquarters.
At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serves as a Government Business Analyst and technical subject expert for BOEM and BSEE business systems analysis.
2. Produces computerized business systems for BOEM and BSEE using best practices and modern best of breed software.
3. Responsible for developing, populating, and maintaining Technical Information Management System (TIMS) data; database development and management.
4. Leads the development of custom applications and interfaces, often connecting to data sources outside of the TIMS database.
5. Prepares and presents correspondence, briefs, factual reports, charts, other documentation and demonstrations as necessary.
6. Acts as a liaison between Departmental, Bureau, and program offices, technical analysts, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, testing and maintenance of TIMS applications to ensure optimal operational performance.
The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Protection has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as BSEE-EECC-20-IB-116(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Relocation expenses are not authorized: Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
Security Clearance Required: You will be required to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Background Investigation if you are selected and hired for this position.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-2 nights per year.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens
- Maintenance Mechanic - Graveyard Shift
- PHLEBOTOMIST - LAB
- Route Sales Person
- Library Assistant
- Senior Manager, Title Planning
- Showroom Advisor - Chester
- Housekeeper - Coronary Care
- Retail Sales Associate (part-time) - 231
- Registered Nurse Recovery Room Full Time Flexible
- Part Time Retail Merchandiser
- Child Support Worker
- Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full time Nights 10K Bonus for Experienced RNs
- TeleTherapy Services for SLP in Washington State
- Contract Recruiter
- Freight Stocker
- Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - Foster City Branch
- Traveling LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- RN Case Manager Full Time Days
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (1628 - Warrenton)
- Occupational Therapist-73709
- Program Manager
- Skilled Trades VI - Heating Plant
- Associate Scientist #JN -082020-54879
- Lighthouse Connections Academy - School Office Manager, 2020-2021 School Year
- General Manager
- Housekeeper I - Days- Full-Time
- Part-Time Center Associate
- Hospitality (Day)
- Help Desk Specialist
- Assistant Manager
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - San Carlos Branch
- Travel CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Restaurant Team Member
- Managed Care Specialist
- Teletherapy-Speech Language Pathologist-CCC-Georgia
- Registered Nurse Obstetrics Full Time Nights
- Waitress and Cashier
- Forklift Driver / Warehouse General Operative
- Curation Specialist (Contract)
- Office Administrator
- Member Service Specialist
- Receptionist/Administration Assistant
- Registered Nurse Same Day Surgery Full Time Days
- Crew Member
- Maintenance Tech (1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available)
- Communication Designer - Instagram
- International Trade Coordinator
- Laborer - Overtime, Commission and Bonuses
- Tennis Instructor
- Participant Support (Part-Time)
- Registered Nurse
- Warehouse Operative - Nights (10pm-7am) - Northampton
- Unit Sec/Northeast Campus Freestanding ER
- State Inspector/Automotive Technician - Chili
- Brand Associate
- Animal Keeper
- Sales Representative
- Respiratory Occupational Therapist
- Proactive Intelligence Officer - South West and Wales
- Shop Supervisor - Union St, Stroud
- Inside Sales Representative (7222)
- Senior Support Worker, Drop In Service, Torfaen
- Horizontal Directional Drill Locator
- Warehouse Wortker
- Physiotherapist (Rotational)
- Medical Records/Central Supply
- Experienced and Flexible Van Drivers - Must have own transport
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
- Housekeeping Associate (Weekends)
- Kitchen Crew
- MultiModality Technician FT Rotating at Total Care West The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus El Paso TX
- Grocery/ Supermarket General Store Manager
- 238375 - Medical Physicist - Radiation/Oncology
- Territory Sales Manager (Commercial Roofing)
- OFFICE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR for HOME CARE AGENCY
- Community Support Supervisor-Far Rockaway
- HGV Driver
- PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 40 HOUR / DAY / ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY / BWH MAIN CAMPUS
- Customer Care Agent
- Clinical Engineer Tech
- Veterinary Scribe- Now Hiring! Kick Start Your Veterinarian Career!
- Kitchen Porter (Hollow Bottom, Guiting Power)
- Lab Research Associate I - Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Correctional Security Officer III (Mack Alford Correctional Center, Stringtown)
- Lawn care worker
- Administration/Personal Assistant
- Candy Factory Worker
- Food Service Assistant 1
- Bus Driver
- Health Care Assistant
- Stock Associate, J.Crew Retail, Valley Fair
- Amazon Warehouse Assistant (Early Morning Shifts Available) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Administration Assistant
- Early Years Practitioner
- Part Time Teacher
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Staff Midwife
- Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
- RN Supervisor
- Sales Person
- Commercial Property Paralegal
- Material Handler
- Customer Service Representative - Beef Sales
- Housing Needs Assistant
- Trust Doctor (F2/StR1 level) in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Community Care Assistant - DRIVER
- Product Manager
- Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR
- Deputy Manager - Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport, PR8
- 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Teaching)
- Game Engineer - C#/Unity
- HGV Driver / Valeter- Edinburgh
- Business Development Manager
- Data Entry Clerk (Night Shift 7 on 7 off)
- RCP II
- Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
- Structural Steel Inspector
- Immediate Start Builders Cleaner
- Residential Home Cleaner
- Pest Control Technician
- Restaurant Server
- General Labourer
- Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
- Steel CAD Designer (FT)
- Domestic Cleaner/Housekeeper Part-Time
- Nursery Deputy Manager
- Night Shift Maintenance Fitter
- Lush Bromley Manager
- MSW Intern
- Sales Assistant
- Deli Associate
- Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
- Health Care Assistant (care home)
- Building Service Engineer
- Community Specialist Dietitian
- Community Care Worker STAFFORD
- Distribution Center Loss Prevention Specialist-Ontario, CA
- Registered General Nurse
- MMG Clinic LPN