Full Time Front Desk Agent
Full Time Front Desk Agent
The Hotel Colorado is hiring for a Full Time Front Desk Agent. This position will require the employee to be available to work weekends and holidays. The pay rate for this position is $17.50/hr. It is a full-time position eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K after one year, accrued vacation time and accrued sick time. In addition, we offer a free employee meal with each shift, a sister property rate at our sister property and use of the company ski passes to Sunlight during the season. A free bus pass is offered after 30 days of employment the type which is based on your home address. Our company has an Employee Assistance Program available to all employees and family members.
This position is eligible for a one time hiring bonus of $500.00 after 90 days of continuous employment.
The Front Desk Agent provides front desk service to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner.
The essential duties of this position are:
- Greets guests and checks them into hotel following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into computer, obtaining credit card authorization for charges including incidental expenses, informing guests of pertinent hotel policies, issuing room keys, directing guests to rooms and other areas.
- Responds to guest questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner; provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services, and safety.
- Fulfills guests' needs, ensuring their stay is as pleasurable as possible; assists with dining, entertainment, or transportation reservations as needed.
- Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgement in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Answers hotel internal and external phone calls and provides information as needed; takes messages for hotel guests and assures receipt.
- Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, obtaining credit card information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancellation.
- Checks guests out of hotel following established procedures including but not limited to computing bills, collecting payment, and providing guest with necessary paperwork.
- Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel and area's attractions.
- Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records.
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
Our company is dedicated to maintaining a safe environment for our employees. We follow CDC guidelines and have cleaning and sanitizing procedures in place.
At Hotel Colorado we recognize our most important asset is our employees. We strive to give our employees a positive work environment with an opportunity for success.