At ThermoFisher Scientific, you help to make the world safer, cleaner, and healthier! Assemblers will maintain manufacturing processes to support production safety, delivery, cost, and quality goals. We need someone who is a great teammate, able to operate complex test equipment, perform part counts, and be very safety conscience. Duties include but are not limited to manufacturing electro-mechanical assemblies, working from assembly drawings, inspecting in-process product for quality assurance, and maintaining 5S standards. This is a hands-on position and which both large equipment and fine detailed assembly work using hand tools. Assemblers will perform a wide range of skilled mechanical assembly operations in a production environment. ThermoFisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. We are an organization that believes in diversity and will make reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. Do you have the determination to join our team?
- Work safely and apply 5S principles to work area. Use lean practices to reduce production bottlenecks, eliminate waste and reduce cycle time.
- Demonstrate attention to detail so that quality standards are met or exceeded
- Ability to work successfully in a team based, fast paced environment.
- Assembly of electronic and mechanical assemblies, sometimes working under a microscope to assembly complex assemblies utilizing assembly documentation and procedures.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs
- Document non-conformances
- Perform other activities as assigned
- Use common hand and electronic assembly tools safely
- Cycle count program processing and problem resolution
- Pick inventory parts to fill manufacturing and customer needs
- Assist packaging large instruments in shipping crates
- Work in clean room environment
- Write engineering change requests to address production, documentation, or design problems
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 1-3 years electrical or mechanical assembly
- Practice work safety at all times
- Actively seek information needed to do the job, collaborating where needed
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards
- Keep work area clean and orderly
Compensation and Benefits:
Hours are 2pm-1230am with a 10% shift differential offer.
The pay range for this position is $17-$20/hr DOE, per year. In addition to the salary, this position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan
- A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts and commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and volunteer time off in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
Employees’ Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.