Facilitator RN-Medical Oncology
Opportunity for a Facilitator RN for Medical Oncology. They will assist with administering, directing and coordinating activities of the Unit. Will also perform duties as staff RN. This is a full time, day shift position.
To learn more about our Calaway Young Cancer Center follow the link below:
Glenwood Springs, CO Oncologist | CYCC at Valley View (vvcancercenter.org)
- Coordinates patient care and workflow, by maintaining an overall perspective of the flow, acuity, and needs of the department.
- Demonstrates effective communication, problem solving skills, with the ability to arrive at creative solutions to issues presented.
- Makes unit assignments for patients/rooms and assures that staff workload is appropriate.
- Monitors unit activities to assure compliance with policies and procedures, nursing standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as clinical resource to staff, and assists with clerical duties as needed.
- Provides direct patient care
- Serves as interdepartmental liaison
- Assists with staffing and cost-effective resource management
- Oversees provision of bedside report and patient rounding per unit/department protocols.
- Current CO RN License (DORA)
- 1 year experience in the specific department or clinical area, or experience in a similar area of clinical practice
- BLS through the American Heart Association.
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card or obtained with 30-days of hire.
- Two years oncology experience preferred.
- Experience in acute care, specific patient populations and diseases and use of ECOG and Performance Status scale.
- Preferred: OCN® certification
- $37.50 to 56.23 (BSN)
- Starting wage dependent upon experience, education, and skill-set
- Valley View recognizes a 4% pay difference for RN-ADN, BSN, MSN
- Annual Bonuses based upon organizational and individual performance
Valley View offers a comprehensive benefit package that supports our employees' physical, emotional and financial health.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(a) and 403(b) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount on Valley View Services
- Use of Sunlight and Aspen SkiCo day passes
- and more!
Located between Aspen and Vail, along the Colorado River, Glenwood Springs is a mecca for outdoor adventures in our beautiful mountains. When you are looking to relax, we also have the largest hot springs pool in the world. As a community with a population of about 10,000, Glenwood Springs is an ideal size.
Valley View Hospital offers exceptional benefits, including a robust health and dental plan; vision and life insurance; defined contribution pension plan; 403(b); and generous accrual of vacation/sick days. Relocation and other financial assistance may apply, along with many more employee perks.
At Valley View, our mission is to provide convenient, connected care to the communities of Western Colorado with scope, technology, and expertise that are rarely found in regional hospitals.