US Tech - Programme Manager
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
8 year(s) of progressive roles leading IT project management and strategy development.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in strategic IT including the following areas:
- Anticipating and managing leadership expectations and developing effective communication strategies at all levels;
- Understanding of application development methodologies and technologies for strategic IT programs;
- Using strategic management and delivery methodologies to drive an agile delivery culture to organize, plan and carry out complex assignments;
- Bringing together an application delivery strategy that incorporates both delivery and application support, with a focus on prioritized functionality and user experience; and,
- Utilizing business skills (i.e. financial, resource, vendor, issue management, etc.) to solve critical and strategic business technology issues.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in delivering strategic major investment development programs including the following areas:
- Leading a high performing IT team in a hands-on role, accountable for developing a vision and strategy, establishing direction, aligning people, motivating and inspiring others to achieve that vision and strategy;
- Driving strategic problem identification, definition, alternative/option definition, and taking decisive action to achieve program objectives in alignment with organization and firm strategy;
- Leading the tactical, financial, and strategic outcomes of the organization based on delivery and operational needs of the program;
- Coaching and developing a project team, including staff selection, engagement, development, retention, and performance;
- Leading and engaging with high performing, agile delivery teams within a rapidly changing environment with employees, contractors and sourced resources;
- Leading highly visible complex strategic program activities, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology, processes, and industry leading practices as related to business requirements and industry trends;
- Leading assigned programs including cost management, schedule management, scope strategic program planning, efficient management, and profitable execution;
- Collaborating extensively with others to discover creative solutions to complex problems, which may require unique approaches, while maintaining standards and minimizing any risk to the firm;
- Providing strategic leadership to the program and other matrixed, functional leadership who are responsible for day-to-day execution of the program while establishing application delivery efforts are focused on the user with continual focus on improving the experience of the application user; and
- Maintaining effective relationships and channels of communication with business sponsors and IT leadership including collaborating with senior level staff/partners in other departments and lines of service throughout the firm.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoproductstechdirector.