Budget & Forecast
- Prepare Budgets and Forecasts in conjunction with Budget spender and as directed by the Cost Control Leader
- Regularly review forecast expenditure against Budget/Forecast/Commitments, highlighting anomalies, whilst helping promote cost consciousness/cost challenge amongst Budget holders and spenders; adjust forecasts/budgets to take account of any significant activity changes incorporated in the monthly corporate plan
- Assist in the review of cost allocations and charge-back mechanisms periodically, in conjunction with customers to ensure these remain equitable in a changing business environment
- Liaison between the asset/non asset teams to agree consistent workscopes and budget scenarios, highlighting issues to the supervisor
- Develop and maintain reports in SAP to monitor expenditure against Budgets, Forecasts, Commitments and AFEs as appropriate.
- Develop or assist in the development of Power BI Reports to improve the visibility and analysis of cost variances and overall expenditure
- Prepare the Summary of Expenditure Reports and review regularly as agreed with Budget Holders to highlight any anomalies, discuss and agree the Forecast and to confirm variance commentary
- Produce an appropriate level view of Organisation forecasted costs and the indirect units as necessary for the respective area
- Responsible for AFE preparation support, control and reporting for the respective area.
- Prepare timely and accurate cost reporting for both internal and external clients with advice/commentary as necessary
- Analyse actual costs and forecast expenditure as directed and provide details on variances between budget and previous forecast; highlighting trends, anomalies etc. that will provide better visibility and control of expenditure
- Review cost allocation & charge-back mechanisms periodically, in conjunction with customers to ensure these remain equitable in a changing business environment
- Progress invoice approval with technical and financial authorities
- Ensure correct coding is applied to all cost commitments
- Run periodic reports from SAP for use by cost controllers and budget holders e.g. time writing reports, commitment reports, cost reports
- Perform reconciliation of data, e.g. time writing, highlighting where time sheets are missing and take follow up action where necessary
- Carry out master data maintenance in SAP
- Provide ad hoc services such dossiers, provision of back up information for auditors etc.
- Provide support in each of the areas within Cost Control as required
- Assist Business in preparing and processing AFE requests and in preparing details cost estimates to assist
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and provide detailed cost analysis as requested.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Graduate with minimum 3 years relevant experience in the oil/gas industry
- Understanding of Costing
- General understanding of the oil and gas industry
- Analytical skills with a knowledge of financial analysis techniques and economic measures
- Computer literate, with experience of SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/058517.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.