PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10470834
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Northern Ohio District
Job Posting Period
09/14/2020 - 09/16/2020
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
165 BROAD ST
WADSWORTH, OH 44281
CONTACT INFORMATION: Shenill LaFortune | [email protected] | (330) 334-1332 | POSTMASTER
Title: PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2395-0017
Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES
Window training is required after hire, followed by an end-of-training test on which employee must qualify to remain
Postal Support Employees (PSE) hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent
appointments after a 5 day break in service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the
use of PSEs is discretionary and subject to business needs.
PSEs can be scheduled any hours and the position is intended to be very flexible, including weekends and holidays as
needed. PSEs must be available to work when needed.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of
unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions
or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include PTO at 1 hr for every
20 hrs in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per APWU National Agreement. Immediately eligible for
USPSHB Plan with a $125 employer premium contribution. Contribution towards greater than Self Only is 65% (75% if
reappointed). Upon a conditional reappointment to a 2nd 360-day term after a break in service of no more than 5 days,
eligible for: health insurance under FEHB with Postal premium contributions towards APWU CDHP; dental and vision
insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long term care insurance through FLTCIP.
Wounded Warrior leave available if eligible.
SALARY RANGE: $18.15 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 388561
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance
to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received - @usps.gov; @jobtryout.net;
@psionline.com; @geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions
regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test
vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may
receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly
as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective
public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services;May
use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and
domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the
public regarding postal regulations.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance
that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using
Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable).
3. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive
selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding
product features and services.
4. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
5. Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures
display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on
SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
6. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to
the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
7. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers' credit
8. Checks and sets post office postage meters.
9. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
10. May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
11. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the
distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
12. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current
13. May perform passport duties as assigned, including verification of identification and photograph, administering oath,
reviewing application for completeness, affixing stamp or seal on application and ensuring all documents are stored securely
and mailed promptly.
14. May perform additional duties such as: maintain records of mails; face and cancel mail; make emergency carrier relays;
label and tie out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
PSE SSDAs perform a variety of clerical duties in mail processing and retail/customer services to support day to day
Duties are physically demanding requiring moderate to heavy lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking and reaching.
PSEs may be required to handle heavy sacks of mail/parcels, sort & distribute incoming/outgoing mail, and work at a service
window selling postal products & services to customers. Applicants must be able to perform the duties of the position with or
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD
PSE SALES & SERV/DISTR ASSOC
DOCUMENT DATE: September 28, 2019
Performs distribution and a variety of tasks to support sales of products and services. Maintains professional and effective
public relations with customers and others requiring familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and current procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
421 SALES AND SERVICES (V3.9) - Essential Scale: Yes/No_Qualification Proficiency: Yes Computer Based Exam
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs) that are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the
position. Individuals must demonstrate that they possess a sufficient level of each KSA, to include at least minimum
competency for senior-qualified positions to enable them to perform these tasks satisfactorily. Successful completion of the
applicable testing procedure(s) is sufficient to demonstrate at least minimum competency to perform these tasks
satisfactorily. In certain circumstances, applicants demonstrate these levels by describing examples of experience,
education, or training, any of which may be non-postal. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying.
1. Ability to work and deal with people sufficient to work cooperatively and interact positively with customers, co-workers, as
well as responding appropriately to changing conditions or unique customer or coworker situations. 2. Ability to communicate
orally refers to expressing spoken ideas or facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving instructions, and
providing information. 3. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations refers to performing basic calculations such as
addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with whole numbers, fractions and decimals. 4. Ability to work independently
refers to following either spoken or written instructions or directions, multitasking and organizing time effectively to perform
work assignments, either with or without direct supervision. 5. Ability to reference, comprehend and use information refers to
gathering information from both oral and written sources, retaining it for future use, providing it in response to request (e.g.,
on forms, and using it to identify the appropriate course of action to resolve a situation based upon postal laws, regulations,
and current procedures. 6. Demonstrating conscientiousness and initiative refers to taking care in performing work
assignments and working toward task completion. 7. Ability to safely perform the duties common to the position.
Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment CS (477)
Individuals who qualify and are selected under this standard will be required to complete prescribed training satisfactorily to
demonstrate possession, through testing and/or practical demonstration, each of the knowledge, skills and abilities covered
at the level required by the job. Failure to demonstrate any KSA is disqualifying. The following KSAs are covered by this
1. Ability to sell products and services includes providing timely and courteous customer service, persuasive selling to
customer needs, providing product information, creating/maintaining an aesthetically pleasing retail environment and
completing sales transactions. 2. Ability to interact with a variety of customers to gather information, evaluate service needs
and respond appropriately to unique customer situations. 3. Ability to identify and analyze problems by gathering information
from both oral and written sources and developing an appropriate course of action to resolve the situation. 4. Ability to
exercise courtesy and self-control in providing appropriate customer service to accomplish established goals of the functional
area. 5. Ability to use technology-based business equipment, such as calculation equipment or computers sufficient to
process customer transactions, input data, and produce numeric and written reports. 6. Knowledge of financial procedures
such as the terminology, materials, techniques, and procedures used in maintaining accurate records of disbursements,
receipts and other financial information and loss prevention. 7. Knowledge of postal products and services including
appropriate Postal regulations regarding mail service (e.g., domestic and international mail requirements, classes of mail).
Individual must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position.
This position involves a deferment period during which the PSE must successfully complete the prescribed training.
Sales, Services and Distribution Associates must work an assigned tour and days of work. Sales and Services Associates
must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
Sales, Services and Distribution Associates are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and
professional appearance in such interactions, including wearing a uniform and name tag when required.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
- HGV Class 1 Shunter
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Program Analyst
- User Researcher – Contract roles (SC Cleared) – 3 months
- Delivery Driver
- Early Stage Collections
- Patient Access Coordinator II - Orthopaedics - Jeannette - Part Time
- Behavior Instructor
- Traffic Marshall
- Party Host
- Clinical Educator
- Kitchen - Pizza & Prep
- Gameroom Attendant
- Perishable Stocker
- Apprentice Business Administrator
- Environmental Service Aide I / 30 hours / Evenings
- PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
- Assistant in Training
- To Go
- Release Manager
- ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR 2/3 OWC HEARINGS
- Multi Drop Parcel Delivery Driver
- Operations Account Associate, CastleGate Operations Team
- Back of House - Kitchen
- 919-BA-34549531-EXT Secretariat Scientist/Epidemiologist
- Cashier - Cast Member
- Sterile Process Aide
- Memory Support Specialist
- Meat Manager
- Food Service/Bakery Deli Manager
- In Home Sales Expert
- TEAM LEADER - Jack in the Box
- Call Center Agent
- Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement)
- Medical Administrative Assistant II- Longwood- 40 hrs
- Leader In Training
- Part-Time Sales Teammate
- Account Executive
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE
- Caretaker / House Keeper
- BHSCT _ Health Visiting Manager Band 8A
- CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT
- Kitchen Porter
- PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
- Front of House - Server
- Store Manager
- SUPPORT WORKER
- Contact Center Specialist
- Human Resources Manager
- Composite Trimmer
- Software Engineer Mid-Level
- Trading Assistant
- Risk Management Associate - Liens/Listing Agreement Review - St. Edward, NE
- Commercial Service Rep
- Customer Service
- Treasury Analyst - 6 month FTC
- Part-Time Store Associate
- Digital /Technical Product Manager -Senior Level
- Assistant Professor - Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Guest Service and Sales
- Data Scientist
- Pensions Administrator
- Customer Service / Sales Advisor
- Assistant Store Manager
- Telemetry Technician
- Deli Clerk- SHOPPERS Food & Pharmacy ( Silver Hill- Maryland)
- Mental Health Recovery Support Worker - Bradford
- Personal Assistant
- Part-Time Customer Service Representative - Work from Home
- Retail Sales Associate (Temecula)
- Wheelchair Escort/Customer Service - $9/hr + TIPS
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
- Scaffolding Labourer
- DIRECTOR FOR GENERAL OB-GYN DIVISION
- Business Applications Analyst Senior
- Registered Nurse - RN -Emergency Room - ER
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Facilities Support Worker - Housekeeping
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver
- Commissioning Manager
- Team Member
- Teaching Assistant
- PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE
- Health Technician (Optometry)
- Passionate Care Assistants - feel valued
- Christmas Casual
- Daycare Teacher
- Trainee Welder Fabricator
- Retail Stocking Associate
- Experienced Healthcare Assistant
- Lead Data Engineer
- Software Engineer Mid-Level
- Nurse - £2000 Welcome bonus
- Security Guard (Unarmed)
- Intake Coordinator
- Seasonal Part Time Sales Consultant
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst - BCBA
- Office Staff
- Water / Sewer Distribution Superintendent
- Receptionist - State Farm Agent Team Member
- Restaurant Team Member - 14301 S.P.I.D. - Flour Bluff - THE ISLAND (Corpus Christi, TX) - Unit # 376
- Associate Account Executive, Management Liability
- 1st Shift Production Supervisor
- Cashier Job
- Staff Accountant
- Communications Manager
- Rest Area Caretaker (I75 Piqua)
- Building Custodian
- Restaurant Team Member- IH 10 W and Ralph Fair Rd (San Antonio, TX) - Unit # 1101
- Financial Advisor (Looking for Career Changers)
- Senior Underwriter/Underwriter - Property
- Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU PCU
- Customer Service Representative
- Holiday Store Clerk ( 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM availability)
- Registered Nurse
- Banking Services Analyst III - Closing & Collateral
- Warehouse/Shopper Team Member
- Shop Assistant/Autobody Parts Helper/Parts Assistant/Parts Runner - Cuyahoga Falls
- Committee Secretary
- Unit Supply Specialist, Army
- Lead Decision Support Analyst
- Enquiries, Complaints and Compliments Coordinator (25 hrs per week)
- Warehouse Associate
- Assistant Manager
- FOH Team Member
- Academic Dean
- Management Information Specialist
- Sales Advisor
- Support Worker
- Delivery Driver Medical Equipment
- Delivery Driver
- Janitor - Branford, FL
- Guest Experience Specialist (Sales Associate)
- Teacher of English - Secondary
- Assistant General Manager Salary
- Supervisory Criminal Investigator
- Registered Nurse
- SUPERVISORY PRODUCTION CONTROLLER
- COMMUNITY MANAGER INTERN
- HME Supply Tech AL, (drives,delivers/setup medical equipment), FT 9a-6p, hol&wkd rotation- HME Mphs
- Colaborador/a de Almacén Full Time (Temporal), IKEA Carolina.
- Graduate Building Surveyor
- Chassis Insulator (1st shift, 4:45am
- Copay Assistant Coordinator