- Serves as a Program Analyst for the assigned Program Management Office (PMO) exercising broad responsibility for executing the organization's programs.
- Coordinates programs across DLA Information Operations and Program Executive Office (PEO) staff to ensure proper communications and accountability among programs, projects, and/or initiatives.
- Interprets complex policies and applies them to specific program objectives to meet cost, schedule and performances.
- Identifies areas where the deploying agency requires specific assistance and coordinates across programs to obtain the needed assistance.
- Responsible for "cradle to grave" support to the Acquisition process and associated steps with service contracts to ensure consistency and regulatory requirements are being adhered to.
- Provide analysis of information in appropriate format for briefing and distribution to J62 organizations and the PEO office.
- Establishes and maintains a communication exchange between the PMO and deploying agencies/organizations.
- Responsible for reviewing congressional inquiries and make noted/changes for compliance and submission to management for final approval.
- Develop strategies to accomplish short and long term organizational goals; manage and administer programs; and develop sound conclusions and recommendations based on reliable and valid data.
Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Cost
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Cost Analysts
- Management Analysts
- Program Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Full Time/ Set schedule
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level III certification in the Program Management Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
- One vacancy will be filled in ABJA org code - but additional vacancies may be filled from the same certificate in any J6 area for up to 6 months from the closing date of this announcement
QualificationsTo qualify for a Program Analyst your resume and supporting documentation must support:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-13 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Provide solution analysis through the various milestone reviews, phases and associated products; contract award; technical reviews; research, test and evaluation; procurement, deliveries, operations and maintenance; technology insertion; life cycle management and program termination.
- Provides program management oversight for enterprise architecture, emerging systems, and contemporary systems development.
- Provides solution analysis through the various milestone reviews, phases and associated products; contract award; technical reviews; research, test and evaluation; procurement, deliveries, operations and maintenance; technology insertion; life cycle management and program decommission.
- Applies analytical, qualitative, and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of assigned projects and program operations related to contract administration and budgetary requirements.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE:The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone. ADVISORY: By using cannabidiol (CBD) products you are risking a positive drug test result for marijuana.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Program Planning, Review, and Evaluation
- Qualitative/Quantitative Analysis
- Business Analysis
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be completed and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If your resume and/or supporting documentation is reviewed and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure that your resume does not contain any specialized characters, fonts, typefaces or formatting (e.g. tables, macros, etc.). It is also recommended that you convert/save your resume as a PDF prior to attaching to your application.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit the following supporting documents with your application package: Marriage Certificate or License; Signed Self-Certification Checklist (must be certified within 30 days); Veterans' Preference documentation (e.g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable); Transcripts (if applicable). These documents must provide acceptable information to verify: Residency within the commuting area of your sponsor's permanent duty station (PDS); proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor; proof of military member's active duty status; and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying. NOTE: Previous federal employees must also submit the following additional documentation: SF-50s (e.g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
See below for important information regarding this job.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Individuals with disabilities
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Agency means current permanent DLA employees. Veterans eligibilities include 30% or more Disabled Vet, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.
- Maintenance Mechanic - Graveyard Shift
- PHLEBOTOMIST - LAB
- Route Sales Person
- Library Assistant
- Senior Manager, Title Planning
- Showroom Advisor - Chester
- Housekeeper - Coronary Care
- Registered Nurse Recovery Room Full Time Flexible
- Part Time Retail Merchandiser
- Retail Sales Associate (part-time) - 231
- Child Support Worker
- Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full time Nights 10K Bonus for Experienced RNs
- Contract Recruiter
- TeleTherapy Services for SLP in Washington State
- Traveling LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - Foster City Branch
- RN Case Manager Full Time Days
- Freight Stocker
- Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship
- Skilled Trades VI - Heating Plant
- Associate Scientist #JN -082020-54879
- Occupational Therapist-73709
- Hospitality (Day)
- Lighthouse Connections Academy - School Office Manager, 2020-2021 School Year
- Part-Time Center Associate
- Program Manager
- Help Desk Specialist
- Part Time Teller - 20 Hours - San Carlos Branch
- Managed Care Specialist
- Restaurant Team Member
- General Manager
- Registered Nurse Obstetrics Full Time Nights
- Teletherapy-Speech Language Pathologist-CCC-Georgia
- Restaurant Team Member - Crew (1628 - Warrenton)
- Travel CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Forklift Driver / Warehouse General Operative
- Waitress and Cashier
- Housekeeper I - Days- Full-Time
- Assistant Manager
- Office Administrator
- Curation Specialist (Contract)
- Member Service Specialist
- Receptionist/Administration Assistant
- Registered Nurse Same Day Surgery Full Time Days
- Crew Member
- Maintenance Tech (1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available)
- Communication Designer - Instagram
- International Trade Coordinator
- Laborer - Overtime, Commission and Bonuses
- Tennis Instructor
- Participant Support (Part-Time)
- Registered Nurse
- Unit Sec/Northeast Campus Freestanding ER
- Warehouse Operative - Nights (10pm-7am) - Northampton
- State Inspector/Automotive Technician - Chili
- Brand Associate
- Animal Keeper
- Sales Representative
- Respiratory Occupational Therapist
- Proactive Intelligence Officer - South West and Wales
- Shop Supervisor - Union St, Stroud
- Inside Sales Representative (7222)
- Senior Support Worker, Drop In Service, Torfaen
- Horizontal Directional Drill Locator
- Warehouse Wortker
- Physiotherapist (Rotational)
- Medical Records/Central Supply
- Experienced and Flexible Van Drivers - Must have own transport
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
- Housekeeping Associate (Weekends)
- Kitchen Crew
- MultiModality Technician FT Rotating at Total Care West The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus El Paso TX
- Grocery/ Supermarket General Store Manager
- 238375 - Medical Physicist - Radiation/Oncology
- Territory Sales Manager (Commercial Roofing)
- OFFICE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR for HOME CARE AGENCY
- Community Support Supervisor-Far Rockaway
- HGV Driver
- PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 40 HOUR / DAY / ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY / BWH MAIN CAMPUS
- Customer Care Agent
- Clinical Engineer Tech
- Veterinary Scribe- Now Hiring! Kick Start Your Veterinarian Career!
- Kitchen Porter (Hollow Bottom, Guiting Power)
- Lab Research Associate I - Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Correctional Security Officer III (Mack Alford Correctional Center, Stringtown)
- Lawn care worker
- Administration/Personal Assistant
- Candy Factory Worker
- Food Service Assistant 1
- Bus Driver
- Health Care Assistant
- Stock Associate, J.Crew Retail, Valley Fair
- Amazon Warehouse Assistant (Early Morning Shifts Available) - Earn $15/hr or more
- Administration Assistant
- Early Years Practitioner
- Part Time Teacher
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Staff Midwife
- Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
- RN Supervisor
- Sales Person
- Commercial Property Paralegal
- Material Handler
- Customer Service Representative - Beef Sales
- Housing Needs Assistant
- Trust Doctor (F2/StR1 level) in Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Community Care Assistant - DRIVER
- Product Manager
- Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner
- ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS REPAIR INSPECTOR
- Deputy Manager - Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport, PR8
- 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Teaching)
- Game Engineer - C#/Unity
- HGV Driver / Valeter- Edinburgh
- Business Development Manager
- Data Entry Clerk (Night Shift 7 on 7 off)
- RCP II
- Guest Advisor (Sales Associate)
- Structural Steel Inspector
- Immediate Start Builders Cleaner
- Residential Home Cleaner
- Pest Control Technician
- Restaurant Server
- General Labourer
- Cloud DevSecOps Engineer
- Steel CAD Designer (FT)
- Domestic Cleaner/Housekeeper Part-Time
- Nursery Deputy Manager
- Night Shift Maintenance Fitter
- Lush Bromley Manager
- MSW Intern
- Sales Assistant
- Deli Associate
- Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
- Health Care Assistant (care home)
- Building Service Engineer
- Community Specialist Dietitian
- Community Care Worker STAFFORD
- Distribution Center Loss Prevention Specialist-Ontario, CA
- Registered General Nurse
- MMG Clinic LPN