MUNICIPAL COURTS SECURITY OFFICER
Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Posting Number: #23652
Division: Judicial Operations
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Municipal Courts department has an exciting opportunity to become a Municipal Courts Security Officer. The duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Provides general security services to maintain the orderly and efficient operations of a municipal court.
- Conducts a physical inspection of the courtroom for security prior to and at the end of each court session.
- Secures the courtroom when court is not in session, monitors and conducts daily inspections of all security equipment such as duress alarms, fire alarms, telephones/intercom, fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Inspects and searches persons and personal effects for weapons at the discretion of the judge.
- Assists in seating court participants, spectator and jurors.
- Assists in verifying address and employment information for purposes of deferred payment process, or as otherwise instructed by the Judge.
- Assist in verifying warrants against defendants on docket for pending cases.
- Perform opening and closing ceremonies of the Court, enforce courtroom rules of behavior and issue warnings as needed.
- Enforce orders of contempt; securing defendant(s) and assisting in processing contempt expeditiously.
- Prepares daily reports.
- Serves citations relating to matters of the court when necessary to expedite trial or court procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Judge.
This position occasionally requires stooping or bending and the ability to make simple gross motor responses within large tolerances. Requires long periods of standing. Occasional light lifting, minor discomforts from exposure to less-than-optimal temperature and air conditions. May deal with modestly unpleasant situations, as with occasional exposure to office chemicals and/or extensive use of a video display terminal.
Requires a high school diploma or a GED. Must have CPR training, or the ability to get CPR training within 6 weeks of hiring.
Skilled in effectively and tactfully communicating with a wide variety of people in sensitive situations as may be normally acquired through public relations training. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with judges, lawyers, City employees, and the general public. May require bilingual (Spanish/English) ability to talk to citizens who are not fluent in English. Knowledge of courtroom procedures sufficient to maintain efficient operations is also required.
One year of related work experience is required, preferably in a law enforcement agency.
One year of military or police training may be substituted for the above experience requirement.
Preferences shall be given to the candidates that have the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience interacting with Judges, lawyers and the general public professionally and courteously.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6. **
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
None; however, the department may administer, and the applicant must successfully complete a skills-assessment relevant to job description.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE: 12
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832/393-7222).
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832/393-7222). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
- Tennis Instructor
- Kitchen Crew
- Proactive Intelligence Officer - South West and Wales
- Lab Research Associate I - Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Lawn care worker
- Golf Course Maintenance
- Registered Respiratory Therapist - Pediatric Intensive Care - (RRT - PICU)
- Associate Veterinarian
- Registered Respiratory Therapist - (RRT)
- Canvassing Manager
- Subway Sandwich Artist®
- UI/UX Design Intern
- Physiotherapist (Rotational)
- Sr. Radiology Student - Children's Radiology - PRN
- Bus Driver
- HVAC Counter Sales I
- Vacation Homes Housekeeper
- Business Development Manager
- Radiologic Technologist - Full-Time
- Office Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeping
- School Drum Instructor
- Pet Care Specialist
- MultiModality Technician FT Rotating at Total Care West The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus El Paso TX
- Registered Respiratory Therapist - Pediatric - (RRT - Peds - Pedi)
- Pizza Maker/Cashier
- Property Manager - The Greens at Logan Field
- Outside Sales Representative
- Warehouse Wortker
- Part Time Night Trash Collector
- To Go
- Scheduling/Closing Coordinator
- Part Time Retail Sales Consultant
- HVAC Counter Sales I
- Care & Support Worker
- Landscape Foreman
- Candy Factory Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Crew Leader, Landscape and Learning
- Dispatch Coordinator I
- Business Intelligence - Information Analyst
- Locum Band 6 CPN – Romford, Essex
- Customer Logistics Supervisor
- Staff Nurse
- Virtual Tax Associate
- Full and part time shifts available: 8 am -6 pm or 12 pm - 6 pm
- Customer Service Advisor
- Specialist MSK Physiotherapist
- Distribution Center Loss Prevention Specialist-Ontario, CA
- Assistant, Brand Image Marketing
- Communication Designer - Instagram
- Grill Cook/Line Cook
- Admin Coordinator- Periop
- Warehouse Operative - Nights (10pm-7am) - Northampton
- Purchasing Agent
- Unit Sec/Northeast Campus Freestanding ER
- Fulfillment Center Operations Management Internship (Undergraduate & Graduate Students) (Woodland, California)
- RN (Home Health), Wake Cocunty, PRN/PT
- QA Operations Facilitator (QA Supervisor)
- Kitchen Associate - #66
- Claims Handler
- Registered Nurse
- House Cleaning Superstar
- Warehouse Supervisor - RBG
- Overnight Bell/Valet Attendant
- State Inspector/Automotive Technician - Chili
- Quality Test Engineer – Automation
- Sales Professional
- Respiratory Occupational Therapist
- Sales Representative
- Clinical Nurse I - Home Health - Premium Weekend
- Part Time 20 HR Associate Banker Chagrin Falls (210010430)
- Jewelry Sales Professional
- Advantage Resourcing- Putnam CT
- Experienced and Flexible Van Drivers - Must have own transport
- Territory Sales Manager (Commercial Roofing)
- Senior Support Worker, Drop In Service, Torfaen
- Digital Content Specialist
- Benefit Plan Configuration Specialist
- Front Office Supervisor - Kimpton Schofield Hotel
- Custom framer
- Grocery/ Supermarket General Store Manager
- Necropsy Technician 1
- Radiologic Technologist
- Wireless - Retail Sales Associate W5030
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
- Foreclosure Support Specialist I - Foreclosure Quotes
- Chemotherapy Prep Technician
- PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 40 HOUR / DAY / ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY / BWH MAIN CAMPUS
- Customer Care Agent
- HGV Class 2 Driver
- Environmental Technician I - 1st Shift
- RN Emergency Room
- Production Employee - Soil Receiving, Truck Unloading
- Bancorp Collateral Control Specialist II
- Shift Leader
- Laboratory Technician
- Associate Linguist
- To Go
- Information Technology Internal Auditor
- Parcel Sorter
- Part-time Sales Associate
- Business Banking Representative
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- ABA Therapists Needed - Experience Preferred!
- Artificial grass installer/Landscaper
- Senior University Talent Acquisition Manager, North America
- Relief Security Officer
- Medical Laboratory Technician (FT)
- Early Years Practitioner
- Care Team Leader - Lifeways - Supported Living - SR5
- Operations Assistant
- MUNICIPAL COURTS SECURITY OFFICER
- Part Time Teacher
- Visual Associate, J.Crew Factory, Bergen Town Center Womens
- Production Employee - Stockroom & Inventory Control
- Administrative Assistant
- San Marcos-General Manager-Hiring Now-Jack in the Box
- Business Strategy Optimization Analyst
- Front of house - Bar & Waiting staff
- Nutrition Services Concierge NAR Preferred
- Audit Staff 2
- Customer Emergency Dispatcher
- Staff Midwife
- Health Care Assistant/Support Worker
- Deputy Jailer- Richmond County Sheriff's Office
- Assistant Manager
- Plumber Apprentice, Plumber
- RN Supervisor
- Community Engagement Manager
- Qualified Electrician
- Night Support Worker - St Johns House
- Support Worker
- Warehouse Operative
- Customer Service Associate
- Business Office Manager (BOM)