mysql8.0 uses msi to install the package, but it always fails. Finally, the following method is used to successfully install.
1. Download the installation package and
go to the official website to download , the version I downloaded is 8.0.25
2. After downloading, unzip, unzip the zip package to the directory you want to install, my path is: D:\mysql-8.0.25-winx64
3. Configure environment variables:
enter Computer—Properties—Advanced System Settings—Environment Variables, and add the path for MySQL decompression.
4. Next, configure the MySQL configuration file
Open the folder D:\mysql-8.0.15-winx64 just decompressed, create a configuration file as my.ini (new txt file, rename, change the suffix), edit my.ini to configure the following basic information:
[mysql] default-character-set=utf8 [mysqld] port=3306 basedir=D:\mysql-8.0.25-winx64 datadir=D:\mysql-8.0.25-winx64\data character-set-server=utf8 default-storage-engine=INNODB
5. Start the MySQL database:
Open the cmd command line tool as an administrator, switch the directory to D:\mysql-8.0.25-winx64\bin and
enter the initialization command: mysqld --initialize-insecure --user=mysql
in D:\mysql-8.0.25- Generate data directory under winx64\bin directory
Start and enter the following command:
net start mysql
mysql service has been started at this time
However, it is not possible to connect to the database remotely at this time. If you want to connect to the database remotely, you need to do the following:
Stop the mysql service net stop mysql
Find my.ini in the mysql installation directory, find [mysqld] in it, and add this sentence below: skip_grant_tables (skip the authorization table authentication when starting the MySQL service), remember to save it.
Find the bin directory of myql in cmd, and then enter the command: mysql -u root -p
without entering a password, press Enter
4. Enter (the following 123 is the password of the root user, change to the password you want):
ALTER USER'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY '123';
5. Remove skip_grant_tables in my.ini and restore the authorization table authentication when logging in (remember)
6. Restart the mysql service, and then log in with root and the modified password: mysql -u root -p
Then enter the password to verify. Successful entry means success.
At this time, you can log in remotely as root user by using tools such as SQLyog.